V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 08 FXD SuprGlide will have a dead battery if it sits for a week. It has the security module. I am leary of the module and do not see the purpose anyway. I keep the keys about 15ft away from the bike. The dealer said to keep the key fob with the bike so reduce the drain. I ordered a turn signal module to replace the security module. Does anyone have any similar experience. The dealer said they get the bikes with the security module installed from the factory and do not have the turn signal modules in stock.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Dealer needs to do more than inform you to keep the key fob close to bike. A brand new bike should not do that, recommend you insist that they indentify and remedy the source of the battery drain.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I'd really think that logic would indicate that your key fob be AWAY from your bike for security purposes. That's the point. Regardless, as road_king said....you've got an electrical problem somewhere.

My fobs live in the house, bike in the garage on my ''07 Ultra.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a turn signal module. After leaving the key in the bike for 6 days now the battery is fine. To hell with the so called security system, I will sell it on Ebay and be done with it. If all someone has to do is unplug it, 15 seconds, and plug in a turn signal module to drive it what does it do for you anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts