V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install 07 SuperMegs on a 02 Road Glide so I will have O2 bungs. I spoke with Supertrapp customer service and they said there is a difference in the stock H-D mounting brackets. These stock brackets are re-used for the Supermegs installation. They are attached to the transmission. Anyone know if the stock bracket from a 07 will bolt onto an 02 without too much trouble? (I’m at work… don’t have the manual or the bike with me to look at.)

·
Registered
260 Posts
The new 07 will fit the older FLH, no problem. On the older SuperMeg, it used the stock bracket and a large hose clamp, you cna get that at any hardware store. The 07 SuperMeg uses a different (supplied) bracket and a P-Clamp to mount.
You can go to the SuperTrapp website and look up your specific bike/supermeg partnumber and down load the instruciton sheets to see the differences.

·
"What's this do?"
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right. The P-clamp, however, mounts to the 07 stock transmission bracket. I went to the dealership yesterday and looked at the bracket on a 07; it looks like it will fit a 2002.

Part numbers for the brackets:

65678-85D designed for pre-07
65678-07 designed for the 07​

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
You do not need a special clamp for a 02 bike, that is the point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts