V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a front lowering kit on ebay for my 07 RKC. strange mix of parts...
I talked to the local HD shop and they said that my bike had two different front fork setups. Can't remember right now which way it goes, but left is old style and the right is new style innards.
The kit lowers both 1" and converts the old style lower leg over to the new style. WTF!
I just want to know if the Stealer is blowing smoke or is this true?
Of course they want me to bring the bike in and have them do it, but every lowering kit I've ever installed consisted of a shorter spring and spacers.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Go to the dealer's parts counter and ask to look at the 2007 Touring parts book and check out the parts in the forks yourself. I'm not familiar with the '07 RK, but the '04 RK parts are the same in each fork; the '04 EG forks are different w/ one fork having a cartridge and the other not having it--in '06 HD made the EG forks the same and dropped the cartridge.

Carl

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to the dealer's parts counter and ask to look at the 2007 Touring parts book and check out the parts in the forks yourself. I'm not familiar with the '07 RK, but the '04 RK parts are the same in each fork; the '04 EG forks are different w/ one fork having a cartridge and the other not having it--in '06 HD made the EG forks the same and dropped the cartridge.

Carl
Took your advice and yep, the RKC does have on cartridge. The lowering kit changes them both to the cartridge style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts