V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, just traded my olive drab/black Nightster in for a 07 FLHTC. And I was able to get my favorite color. A color that most men puke at seeing, at least that is what I read on the forums... Olive Pearl/Black - I also got the chrome wheel upgrade.

Basically, I made an error in judgement when I bought my xl1200n. I knew I was going to commute daily on the bike and set it up to be comfy with a new saddle. But too be honest, now, I just want to ride and ride and ride... My Nighstster just did not cut it for me.

I really did not know I would feel that way about my first Harley. Having had other metric cruisers, I just figured, I would ride when it was nice, alternate commuting with my Jeep Wrangler or something... but my HD made me feel something else, something new when on my bike. It made me just want to ride.

So after calling at least 30 dealerships in the surrounding tri-state area, I finally found a deal. I was shopping for 03-05 Standards as that was where I needed to be financially. But, one of the last dealerships I called said, "Yea, we have an 03 Custom back there, but may I suggest something?"

I was like great, I heard this one a billion times, get a newer, fancier bike, why buy used when new is only a couple thousand more (not counting all the crap they add on).... but this guy cuts right to the chase... I have a Custom that you can have for invoice if you want it. It is our last 07 and it is taking up space. So basically, I got it for just barely over $16k.

I had put money down on my other bike so I was pretty set with the trade, but not as much to put down on this. But HD financing hit me with a really low interest rate which made the just too hard to pass up.

To be honest, I had to decided that increasing my payment just a little and having a bike I use in every way I wanted was acceptable. But that was in the "used" mindset. The new 07 with all its greatness, was about $20 more than the used bike deal I was working before. Incredible.

I nearly had given up on calling around b/c either they had no 07's or would not sell them any cheaper than MSRP. Perseverance paid off.

I pick it up Saturday and can't wait. 6 hour drive to the dealership so it is not too bad.

But really, I don't know why folks don't like this color. It really is my fav. color. The HD site does not do the finish justice. I saw another bike with that paint it really shines and sparkles. Anyway, to each his own. At least if nobody likes it, there won't be as many like mine rolling around. :wootdnc:

I will post up some pics later. I have a ton to learn about these touring bikes so I better get back to reading.

Ride Safe!!! ~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Congratulations on your new FLHTC. It's a great ride and the more you ride it the more you'll love it. I agree that the color looks a lot better in real life than it does on the website. That is true of all colors though.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Olive and black

It looks good, I always think of the Marine Corp for some reason when I see one painted that way.

I think the satin clear coat like the Olive and Black Nightster would make the Electra Glide look more aggressive like a tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts