V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On what I would call the oil pan {sump pan?} there is a inset allen screw pointing straight to the ground, and a forward facing bolt with a allen bit hole. Both of these are very close to each other. Are either or both where I drain the oil for a oil change? If neither where is the engine oil drain? Thanks, RD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
i think its the one pointed towardw the front of your bike for the oil.the other is for your tranny but your owners manual should tell you for certain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,064 Posts
The 2 towards the rear are the engine and trans oil. The one forward is the drain for the sump, and should only get a few oz out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
It's the forward facing 5/8" bolt with the allen-bit hole. The tranny drain plug is on the opposite side and is also a 5/8" bolt that faces the ground.
 

·
FOG
Joined
·
6,970 Posts
Okay.....I'll be the "manual question" guy. I understand many folks don't have a service manual, but no owner's manual for a 2007 bike? The procedure and plug location (with drawing) is on page 144 of my 2007 touring model owner's manual. The oil plug is the one on the left side of the pan and faces forward. It's the bolt with the 5/8" head with Allen hole in the center, not the flush-mount bolt with the Allen hole only. The other bolt that's on the right side of the pan and is a vertical bolt is for the tranny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trooper113 said:
Okay.....I'll be the "manual question" guy. I understand many folks don't have a service manual, but no owner's manual for a 2007 bike? The procedure and plug location (with drawing) is on page 144 of my 2007 touring model owner's manual. The oil plug is the one on the left side of the pan and faces forward. It's the bolt with the 5/8" head with Allen hole in the center, not the flush-mount bolt with the Allen hole only. The other bolt that's on the right side of the pan and is a vertical bolt is for the tranny.
Sorry, my owners manual is in my tool box at work.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
210 Posts
racerdave said:
Sorry, my owners manual is in my tool box at work.
I would guess it's with your tools...........so are you trying to take it off with your fingers?????:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plenty of tools to go around. I'm a Squad car tech.

kwas said:
I would guess it's with your tools...........so are you trying to take it off with your fingers?????:huh:
I'm a Squad car tech. Tools at work and home. Job is done. Time for :beer4u:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top