V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
They just want too much money for these options. I can buy a Delphi XM system and run it into the AUX port for way way cheaper than the MoCo charges. Same for the NAV/GPS. It would be a cleaner look though. As to how they work, dunno but would be interested to read other peoples reviews.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the h k nav system free from the stealership...it works great easy to use. has all the harley shops and food, gas lodging,allready loaded into the system. the radio will also work with your bluetooth cell phone which is really cool.lets you see your phone book anb see who is calling ya.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds great but,

Sounds to me like the nav, XM and blue tooth are great options but at way to high of a price. I'm just going to have to find my own way and change stations now and then. As for blue tooth I ride to get away not to get calls.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I have the XM and the CB/Intercom add ons. Have not used the CB yet so can't comment but love the XM. Yep you might could go cheaper but for the XM to be all integrated with no external wires this is the way to go. I got hooked on XM a while back in my car now have it in all cars and now even on the bike. Been thinking about the NAV but wishing it had a real maping function which the HK unit does not. Still thinking on it though. Not sure which route to go on that yet.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have XM, Bluetooth, and the Garmin GPS

The Garmin unit mounts to the fairing, it's not integrated into the radio. But, it's got a nicer moving map than the GPS that integrates into the stereo. Unfortunately, it doesn't give you verbal directions.

The XM and bluetooth modules are stupidly expensive, but they're well integrated, and easy to use. You use the handlebar controls for everything.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I've ordered the Garmin GPS because I really wanted a visual map and it is portable. The sound was of no value to me so it not being integrated into the system wasn't a factor. I'll wait a bit on the XM. It's likely that I'll end up going with the integrated XM because I'd like to have a clean install and not clutter up the bars. I have no need for the Bluetooth so that's not an issue.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
GPS Sound

If you want sound run a line into the AUX plug from the GPS output and set the radio to AUX. It will give you verbal instructions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts