V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my recall work done and just a note, Neutral is a lot eaiser to find now.
(more how it should be) thought it was a little touchy when I got the bike,to easy to go past it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Trapper1 said:
Had my recall work done and just a note, Neutral is a lot eaiser to find now.
(more how it should be) thought it was a little touchy when I got the bike,to easy to go past it.
They did the recall on my bike and it is a little difficult to fine neutral. Could just be me :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm,thats wierd? Just the opposite for me, In fact it was drastic. Thats why i mentioned it. Maybe call em and see what they say? Cant hurt...

·
Registered
30 Posts
They pick up mine for the recall and first service tomorrow. Like trapper said nuetral seems to be a little touchy right now. I hope this fixes it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Trapper1 said:
Hmmmm,thats wierd? Just the opposite for me, In fact it was drastic. Thats why i mentioned it. Maybe call em and see what they say? Cant hurt...
I think it was me since yesterday when I went riding finding neutral was not a problem. I'm a new rider so I'm sure it was my problem with my big left foot :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tranny Recall

Got my Dyna back from the dealer after they did the 6 speed recall. The N detent is now very good. I can easily pop it down into N from 2nd, and more easily find N from 1st. The dealer (M&S in Chambersburg. PA) also found the battery defective, and replaced it under warranty. They also washed the bike before returning it. They picked the bike up and returned it in an enclosed trailer on a Friday evening, so I didn't have to take off work. The only thing I had to do was open my garage door, and sign 2 forms. What a class act from both the MOCO and the dealer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got my Super Glide back from the recall work Saturday. While they were at it they buffed out a scuff on the tank and straightened the shifter peg that was customized by my first ever drop. They did mount the sifter too low, so I can't get my boot under it. They offered to adjust it but I'll do it when I get a chance.

RB
A proud provider of ex-managers to mental health clinics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer picked up my '06 FXDWG and returned it to me in short time. Getting into neutral from both second and first gear is is much better and what I would expect it to be. Before they did the recall, I found it almost impossible to get into neutral as I would go right past neutral from first into second and from second into first. No problems now.

Pete

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I had my recall done last week. Really easy to find neutral now.
Hope they can get my speedometer fixed. Replaced the speed
sensor the same time as the recall and it worked for about 40
miles then failed. Hope they can get it fixed this time. It falls
to zero while riding. FXDI 2006

·
<--That's Harley
80 Posts
Seeing that this is my first post and I'm a brand new 06 FXDLI owner. Could you please elaborate on the recall of the 06 tranny. Where would I hear about the recall and now that I read on, I do notice neutral very hard to find. I've had my bike for just over two weeks and it's been anything but good riding weather here in Montana.

·
Registered
274 Posts
kilmer74 said:
Seeing that this is my first post and I'm a brand new 06 FXDLI owner. Could you please elaborate on the recall of the 06 tranny. Where would I hear about the recall and now that I read on, I do notice neutral very hard to find. I've had my bike for just over two weeks and it's been anything but good riding weather here in Montana.
Call the dealer and findout if they did the recall on your bike. Mine was a nov 05 build so it needed to be done.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Welcome Kilmer and if you dont belive the dealer you can call Harley with your VIN and they'll tell you if they got the card back on it being done or not.

·
<--That's Harley
80 Posts
Great, thanks Trapper. I'll have to give them a call this afternoon to see if the work was done.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Dragged my pheet phor a while before having it done.

Never had a big issue phinding neutral phrom phirst, but I just could not get it phrom second. Now I can hit it either way.

Thing I did notice, and I can not confirm if this is a side effect of the recall, is this.

I have a habit of hauling azz out of work, and one day I was in phourth, winding it out a bit too much probably, and it dropped down into third on me.

Thought I read somewhere on some phorum of someone else having a similar experience.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Neutral on my 2000 FXDL

1st time Harley Owner..and my 2000 FXDL is sweet!! But.......I seem to have a problem.....I am having a hard time finding Neutral from down from 2nd or up from 1st. Seems like I keep going past it...I see the indicator flash but it doesn't seem to lock on to it...takes several tries before I finally find it. Any ideas/suggestions. Never had this problem with other bikes.

HELP!!!!!!!!

SAFXDL

·
Registered
35 Posts
if anyone is due the 1st service, at the time you are getting the recall done, they have to change the trans oil and primary case, so all i had to do was change the engine oil and filter, and adjust the clutch cable.....saved me a few bucks

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
mine is in the shop now for the recall. they are also installing the new injectors.
they tried to sell me the download for the injectors and i told them it is their responsibility to make sure it is running right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts