V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have the silver powder coated engines. I'm curious though, do any of you have a black starter? Mine is black and I was wondering whether or not that was a factory mistake or if that's just the way they all are?

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Black with chrome end cap...it's a 05 though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say that they are all that way then.

Looks like the only difference between the Super Glide and the Super Glide Custom is the Custom gets a chrome cap on it.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
PowerCobra98 said:
I'd say that they are all that way then.

Looks like the only difference between the Super Glide and the Super Glide Custom is the Custom gets a chrome cap on it.
Mine is a standard Super Glide, it has the chrome cap from the factory.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gulfstream said:
Mine is a standard Super Glide, it has the chrome cap from the factory.
Well whatever!! :laugh: I guess my question is answered, all starters are black. (Except on the V-Rod I found out, some are silver.)

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
PowerCobra98 said:
Well whatever!! :laugh: I guess my question is answered, all starters are black. (Except on the V-Rod I found out, some are silver.)
I didn't think the black starter looked right with the silver engine. Yanked out the starter and sprayed it with Harleys silver bead blast engine paint.

There, now doesnt that look better! :clap:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rickr01 said:
I didn't think the black starter looked right with the silver engine. Yanked out the starter and sprayed it with Harleys silver bead blast engine paint.

There, now doesnt that look better! :clap:
That sounds like a good idea. Is it difficult to take the starter out?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Hey there peoples! Saw my 06 FXDI35 today up close and it also has the chrome cap on the starter, the body of which is black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts