V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my '06 SG in late Feb/early March.

Need exhaust suggestions. Want more torque than hp and like the looks of duals so 2 into 1 is out of question.

Please help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go with the Hooker tru-duels. I'm on my third set on my third bike. Great sound and quality. With a 95 stage III, I was pulling 97tq and 95hp, without the butt-ugly 2-1 look.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Take a look at the recorred mufflers offered by www.fullsac.com. He offers different baffle sizes and has had them all dynoed on different builds so he could tell you the one that would work with your build. They are reasonably quiet while at cruise on the highway but put off a nice sound at start up and under acceleration. I am happy with them. They do offer a true dual headpipe if that is what you are after. For now I am using them with the stock header.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Terence Brown said:
Go with the Hooker tru-duels. I'm on my third set on my third bike. Great sound and quality. With a 95 stage III, I was pulling 97tq and 95hp, without the butt-ugly 2-1 look.
hmmmmm.......

butt ugly 2-1 look???????

never thought of these as butt ugly before.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offense meant Totenkopf, what I meant was that on a bagger the 2 into 1 looks lopsided.

·
Registered
267 Posts
May not be the best, but I ordered Rinehart True Duals when I ordered the bike (FLHXI) with the 95 upgrade. PowerCommander may help the torque issue, and I like the looks and sound.

Will not be in until mid Jan, and finished by end of the month. But just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
nt30 said:
No offense meant Totenkopf, what I meant was that on a bagger the 2 into 1 looks lopsided.
No offense taken nt30.......
it was the other poster that got my attention. The point is, not all 2-1's are aesthetically equal.

Here's some pictures of a bagger with these pipes mounted for your visual reference.

By the way, I have no business ties to this company, I just think their product has special merit.

·
Registered
933 Posts
exhaust

If you like the sleeper look put on a set of Khrome Werks. Mufflers or whole kit.. Some might say KW who ,,they make mufflers for carls speed shop.s&s cycle and zippers and kendall johnson sells them.. Down side ,they look stock so your bud's will have no idea till you start your bike.. Any info needed call KW and you can talk to the owner and he will answer your questions.. Get them through Wally's cycle world ,aka custom chrome...

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Look into Cycle Shack's slipons. Proven performers, good quality, and reasonable prices.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
nt30 said:
Getting my '06 SG in late Feb/early March.

Need exhaust suggestions. Want more torque than hp and like the looks of duals so 2 into 1 is out of question.

Please help.
I always liked Vance and Hines. Some folks are complaining about quality issues, so you might want to check into that before you buy.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Totenkopf, Only problem with the 2-into-1 is when looked at from the rear the bike looks lopsided and with a turn out like the ones you recommend I would be unable to install bag extensions.

Thanx for all the suggestins guys (now I have even more choices to clog my brain with). LOL

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like Vance & Hines pipes, too. The fit and finish seems better than many other brands. Rhineharts are nice too but expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts