V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas. Pretty new here. I recently got a 06 Street glide with a wasted front end. I have been trying to piece the front forks together and have gotten some conflicting info. Can anyone tell me if the 06 Street Glide forks are the same length as an 06 Electra glide? I have been told the tubes are 20.25 long and also heard 20.75 is correct. I am thinking the 20.25 is Street Glide and 20.75 is electra? I bought a set of Progressive inner cartridges thinking they were tubes and all. Now I need upper tubes to put them in. Progressive says these are for Electra and not for factory lowered bikes. Is the SG a factory lowered bike? Thanks for any light any of you can shed !

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wish I could help.... I have an '06 streetglide, but I don't know if the front is 'factory lowered'.( I know the rear is 3/4" lower from the factory ). I'll be waiting for someone smarter than me to answer us both. :beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Great link, thank you! I was able to confirm the correct part number at least. That will be a big help in piecing this thing back together!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts