V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I finally got my PC installed on my bike tonight and I was comparing some different maps and I noticed that the map for 06 softails doesn't have any information in the ignition tables.:confused: I compared it to the map for 01-02 softails with the same mods(V&H BSS, AC, stock PCM)and the earlier map shows tables for ignition. So should I run the 06 map or the earlier one. Seems like the 06 would be leaving some power on the table with no advance curves figured in. Or is the 06 model not capable of ignition changes? Also the fuel tables are different between the two with the 06 getting more fuel earlier but cutting off at 5500 rpm as opposed to 6250 on the earlier map. Hep me I'm confused.

Joe

·
Registered
503 Posts
jasilva said:
Okay, so I finally got my PC installed on my bike tonight and I was comparing some different maps and I noticed that the map for 06 softails doesn't have any information in the ignition tables.:confused: I compared it to the map for 01-02 softails with the same mods(V&H BSS, AC, stock PCM)and the earlier map shows tables for ignition. So should I run the 06 map or the earlier one. Seems like the 06 would be leaving some power on the table with no advance curves figured in. Or is the 06 model not capable of ignition changes? Also the fuel tables are different between the two with the 06 getting more fuel earlier but cutting off at 5500 rpm as opposed to 6250 on the earlier map. Hep me I'm confused.

Joe
:roflback: Love your pro con......YESSSSSSSSSSS

They changed the injector size on 2006 HD do not use 05 or older maps..... I always advise custom mapping as each bike is a little different.....look on PC papers for approved tuning centers or the Dynojet web site

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, that explains the fuel table diffs, but why no ignition advance tables in the 06 map? I plan to get it dynoed but may hold off a month or so as I'm contemplating a 95" build or at least cams and head porting.

Joe

·
Registered
503 Posts
No timing

Joe

Dont know what .............. usually two seperate tables must click on top of screen to change tables,..........I dont put much timing in my jobs :whisper: ..it just does not show much, if any gain on dyno...any questions call 928-486-9193

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts