V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a copy of my dyno run. 95", CP pistons, 9.7:1, Cometic .030, Andrews 37G, V&H BSS, AC, Power Commander, Baisley Spring, I didn't port the heads on this build. I was curious how much improvement HD actually made in the 06 heads. Not bad numbers but there's probably 5-6 hp and 7-8 ft. lbs. of torque missing from the non-ported heads. Also probably losing about the same from not using a 2-1 pipe. Does run well though. I still think there's more there, the guy who did the tune didn't really do much with the timing.

Joe

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
jasilva said:
Here's a copy of my dyno run. I didn't port the heads on this build. I was curious how much improvement HD actually made in the 06 heads. Not bad numbers but there's probably 5-6 hp and 7-8 ft. lbs. of torque missing from the non-ported heads. Also probably losing about the same from not using a 2-1 pipe. Does run well though. I still think there's more there though, the guy who did the tune didn't really do much with the timing.

Joe
Very interesting.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bedemonster said:
Cams??
Exhaust??
Compression Ratio??
Which head gasket??
:duh?: Oops, I updated the first post BD.

Joe

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
dyno run

jasilva said:
Here's a copy of my dyno run. 95", CP pistons, 9.7:1, Cometic .030, Andrews 37G, V&H BSS, AC, Power Commander, Baisley Spring, I didn't port the heads on this build. I was curious how much improvement HD actually made in the 06 heads. Not bad numbers but there's probably 5-6 hp and 7-8 ft. lbs. of torque missing from the non-ported heads. Also probably losing about the same from not using a 2-1 pipe. Does run well though. I still think there's more there, the guy who did the tune didn't really do much with the timing. Joe
Your chart looks really bad for low and mid range torque, almost like you're running no baffles in your BSS. The torque doesn't head north until 3800 rpm. The BSS are great sounding but one of the worst for low and mid range torque. Most 2-2 pipes have that long tq dip but BSS appear to be the worst.

A D&D Fat Cat or Pro Pipe with a modified baffle, some head work and a really good tune should make it a bunch more fun to ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts