V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my father just purchased an '06 Screaming eagle Ultra classic and I want to know what kind of fuel managment system would be best. Is there a download offered for this engine (103) as naturally the HD dealer is oblivious to this. I am thinking that a powercommander or even a TFI box would be a better option without waysting the extra $ on the dealer flash. Exhaust is Vance & Hines true dual system and most likely screaming eagle breather.
-Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
speed4tu said:
Hi, my father just purchased an '06 Screaming eagle Ultra classic and I want to know what kind of fuel managment system would be best. Is there a download offered for this engine (103) as naturally the HD dealer is oblivious to this. I am thinking that a powercommander or even a TFI box would be a better option without waysting the extra $ on the dealer flash. Exhaust is Vance & Hines true dual system and most likely screaming eagle breather.
-Thanks
Screamin Eagle Race Tunner (SERT). Yes ,it has canned maps for SE slip ons and air cleaner. Buy some place like Zanottis or Chicago H-D for 20% off. whats another $ 370.00 compared to a $ 32000.00 bike.
Here's a tip if running true duals...load the map for a 06 Screamin Eagle Fat Boy..not the FLHTCUISE map.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
that's what I was thinking too............

SYCLONE said:
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner (SERT). Yes, it has canned maps for SE slip ons and air cleaner. Buy some place like Zanottis or Chicago H-D for 20% off. whats another $370.00 compared to a $ 32,000.00 bike.
Here's a tip if running true duals...load the map for a 06 Screamin Eagle Fat Boy..not the FLHTCUISE map.
............ $357 + shipping actually :whistle: ..........and for the rest of us, there is always EBAY couple of specials here 4601270119 & 4601287224 %[email protected]

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The_Snowman said:
............ $357 + shipping actually :whistle: ..........and for the rest of us, there is always EBAY couple of specials here 4601270119 & 4601287224 %[email protected]
Snowman is correct! This guy just started putting the SERT's up, on auction, sold a couple last week for under $300, wish he had em for MM/EFI.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Race Tuner is the best way to go.

Be real careful with the ones on E Bay. The 06 bikes require the latest version of the software. Look it up, but I doubt that the part# with a C suffix is the latest one for 06 bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
A buddy has an 03 SE RK. All he's added is SE11 slipons, a/c and a SERT.
It's at 100/100. I've ridden the bike several times and it is great.
The trick is finding a dyno guy that knows how to tune with a SERT.
Few and far between.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
"F" suffix SERT software

HIPPO said:
Race Tuner is the best way to go.

Be real careful with the ones on E Bay. The 06 bikes require the latest version of the software. Look it up, but I doubt that the part# with a C suffix is the latest one for 06 bikes.
I just ordered and received, through my HD dealer, the latest SERT software ("F" suffix). It was $19.99 retail; took 1 week to get just after Christmas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info everyone! Any more, I'll be glad to hear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.