V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the great gaZoo
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy takes delivery of his new bike in a few weeks. We are trailering from Canada down south and then riding for a good portion to Texas. Question. What arrangements can be made for a bag to tour with on it? I am not sure if it comes with a sissy bar in the screaming eagle or not.
I have a fatboy with removable backrest, windshield and bags so I have been good but he needs some purchasing suggestions quite quickly.
thanks
Go Canada go in Italy

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Which scooter is your buddy getting? If the CVO touring bike he has no need for any bags as it is an Ultra with tourpac and all. Need more information than provided in your post.

Also what parts of Texas are you guys going to. If you make it down to Corpus Christi I can buy you a brew.

·
the great gaZoo
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vrod

Sorry I put it in the vrod section and just assumed. Its a vrod screaming eagle and just wondered if anyone had good luck with bags etc. I use removable bags on bare back connectors, and have a large removable sissy bar with a T bag. With a small back on the vrod I didnt know if he was pooched or not, or if there is a stand alone bag?
I know they make very small saddle bags but just saving time if someone had experience touring with one.
I am going to San Antonio, my brother lives there.
and thanks!!! Good old Texan hospitality

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Ok that clears that up, I have no experience with Vrod touring but you might also check out VRODFORUMS.COM to see if they have experience touring with them. Hope you guys enjoy your trip and your visit to the Great State of Texas.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the large sissy bar & backrest for my 03 v-rod. Don't have t-bags, but you can strap a large bag in the passenger seat if you are riding alone. Get 2 bungees and go from the top shock mount and cross over to the opposite side backrest upright (do both sides). I can carry a bag for the weekend without a problem, probably up to a week if I tried. Good luck-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts