V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went in to my local HD dealer yesterday for a face to face with the service tech who will be preforming the recall repair. while i was there another tech was preforming the 1000 mile service on a 06 Streetbob, after changeing the fluides he started the bike on the service lift for it to warmup. after sitting there ideling for 3-4 min. the bike jumped into gear by itself, no one was near the shifter. engine stoped when it happened but if it had not been tied to the lift it could/would have been a bad mess. Tech said the same thing happened to a 06 Wide glide last week sitting on the jifffy stand in the parking lot, it fell over into the HD shop owners new caddy lacky and done $3000 of damage to the caddy and over $1000 the the Glide.
So it's not just the N light that's the problem it's the trany itself.
They had me on the list to be the first repair but after talking to the service tech [ they've only done the repair in class not real life yet ] i'll let a few other bikes go ahead of mine, not in a hurry to be their lab rat so to speak.
MoCo will replace the trans lube with Syn3 at no extra cost if you already have it installed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Interesting!

I'm waiting til they get experience. Besides, mine's just sitting in the garage for the winter anyways so it's not like I'm missing anything.

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Now that's scary. Fortunately, my riding routine only has me in neutral twice without the clutch pulled in: on warm-up and when opening the garage to pull in. Both times I'm off the bike (which is a perfect opportunity for some damage from the defect), but - thankfully - I can alter both of those routines to eliminate the risk. Otherwise, I'm a hands-on/clutch pulled/in gear guy. If it happens while in the shop, well, it's on them.

I'm going to wait a while till the wrenches get some more experience as well.

Whiff

·
Registered
124 Posts
I called my local HD service department and inquired about the recall progress. I indicated to him I wanted to wait as I wasn't having any problems. He then told me to get on the list to have the recall work performed as it was a serious issue, and 06 Dynas were jumping into gear from neutral as described above.

06 FXDBI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts