V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks again

Once again I would like to thank erveryone for there help and imput. I was only joking about you guys beating me up.
I will let you know how the project turns out. Having the custom work heads by NRHS - they did a lot of great machine work on my sporty so I'm comfortable in dealing with them. Stuck with the harley 251 - the dealer was not happy about changing over to gears from chain. New chain drive and tensioners - that sort of stuff.
Thanks again - I'll be reading the post for more good info.

·
Registered
136 Posts
TOMPAGLIA2 said:
Once again I would like to thank erveryone for there help and imput. I was only joking about you guys beating me up.
I will let you know how the project turns out. Having the custom work heads by NRHS - they did a lot of great machine work on my sporty so I'm comfortable in dealing with them. Stuck with the harley 251 - the dealer was not happy about changing over to gears from chain. New chain drive and tensioners - that sort of stuff.
Thanks again - I'll be reading the post for more good info.
From what was noted earlier, you do not need to due headwork if you go with the 37G with the new 06 HD stock heads and a BB HD kit. Just make sure you use a .30 cometic gasket to get the correct compression ratio with flat top pistons. If you plan on using a diff. cam I would talk to Dewey or BigBoys.

·
Banned
169 Posts
I'm thinking some of you aren't aware of the fact at least half of the extra flow that mega dollar port job bought you (cnc or otherwise) was found right at the valve and 1/2" into the bowl and chamber . To say the new Dynas ports are too small to build some performance around just isn't so. Can you always find more? Sure!

How do I know this? I'm old and I've been a automotive machinist for a long time :cheers:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.