V-Twin Forum banner

06 Dyna Upgrades - Any Predictions

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  KKRider 
First off WELCOME to the board, you will find that there are many many here that are very helpful. Ok now for my 2 cents on the itmes that you are looking at

First off the 251 cam will not work with stock heads. Too much lift for stock springs, as well you are missing the boat using a cam like that with stock heads.

The cast piston you plan on using will yeild approx 10.2 not 10.5.

The pipes you have choosen may offer a great sound but are not on the list for High perfromance, there are plenty others that will offer more performance. I am going on the thought process that you are looking for the most gains you can get with your set up?? Now I may be wrong as there are some that will be ok giving up some power for looks or sound, that is fine, I am only going over your items and giving my opinion.

As for heads you really should look at head work as there are huge gains you are going to give up with that set up, provided you do change valve springs to use that cam.

I hope I was of some help, if you do a search you will find that there is a plethora of good combinations out there that will great" bang for your buck" regardless of "who's" product you use. Se has some good kits as well as there is the after market kits.

I am not going to TOOT my own horn. But the 98 inch kits are simple , less money, and offer better gains. Again welcome to the board, this topic has been covered very well and I am sure you will find several kits that offer what you are looking for. The members here are more than willing to share their own set ups and experiances. :thumbsup:

Ok I know you are new,... most here know I am very straight forward. STOP!!!! take the time to put together a package that is a quality set up. If I see this twice a day it is too many times.

Using 10.5 pistons and a BIG woods stick is one way to do it but there are easier and less exspensive ways to have good power, no problems with "ping" and no bad manners

You can use a piston that will give you 9.7.1 compression, ( i use them on all the 95 kits) you can use a bolt in cam, such as a 510, a 26, 37, and have good power while not breaking the bank. Really you did ask for info, and you are getting it,... verse's and boucning all over the place.

Ok I feel better. Sit down take a breath, relax and take some time to really make some good plans on your new build, take the time now and you will end up with a great build,.. get in a hurry and all it will do is cost you money in the end, or be unhappy with the final product.

I do not want to come being a jerk but really SLOW down. Give me a call even if you choose not to buy any product for me, that would be better than you building something that is mismatched. I would be happy to take the time to talk to you . Based on YOUR riding style, region where you live amount of 2 up riding, hwy/city/touring, I can help you put together a great package, again even if you buy nothing I am ok with that. I like to help out and hate to see people spend hard earned cash on products that really do not offer good gains, or products that really are going to give you problems down the road.

Keep the rubber side down, believe me they run better that way !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.