V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a 06 superglide -making some upgrades before taking it home. would be interested in opinions on how well it will perform

95 inch upgrade
10.5 to 1 dome pistons
se 251 cams
stock heads
SERT race tuner
big radius pipes
SE air cleaner

I am going to do the heads at a later date cause I am curious to see how the 06 stocks head perform vs some pro head work.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks To Everyone

Appreciate everyone's imput. I considered the fact that the verdict is not in on the 2006 heads and how they will perform. I am prepared to do the head work after I Break in the bike and do some dyno runs. So I wanted to do the other mods and then do the heads. I did not use SE pistons - bought a set of Forged 10.5 to 1 domed pistons from NRHS. I did use the SE Cylinders.
According to the specs on the 251 cam, it is a mid range high torque cam that should be run with high compression. It should perform better down low then the 258 s or at least it appears that way on paper

lift 579 / 579
duration 244 / 250

intake 18 BTDC / 46 ABDC
exhaust 56 BBDC / 14 ATDC

I realize the big radius pipes are not the best performace choice - picked them for there looks. When I get her on the road I'll let you know how the project turned out. I'm hoping that I will be pleasantly suprised.
Thanks again - Tom

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got The Message

Ok guys - I got the message. Going to have the heads done. Will also scrap the 251 and go with a woods cam. Not sure who to send the heads to - but I am prepared to do some extensive work.

Thanks again - when I recover from the beating you guys gave me I may actually be able to sit on the bike.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks again

Once again I would like to thank erveryone for there help and imput. I was only joking about you guys beating me up.
I will let you know how the project turns out. Having the custom work heads by NRHS - they did a lot of great machine work on my sporty so I'm comfortable in dealing with them. Stuck with the harley 251 - the dealer was not happy about changing over to gears from chain. New chain drive and tensioners - that sort of stuff.
Thanks again - I'll be reading the post for more good info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.