V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hmmm: My new FXDLI has basically a Stage II, with a SE 204 cam instead of the 203, as well as Rush muffs w/2.25" baffles. The Stage II download isn't giving it enough fuel. She's a popping, misfiring beast at part throttle.

I rode to my dealer, and they all furrowed their brows when I explained the problem. Mechanic rode it and said, "Oh yeah, it's too lean. The O2 sensors are arguing with the mapping". Upon checking for service bulletins, they discovered that HD has just released a new map for Stage II w/ aftermarket mufflers for O2 sensor equipped bikes. They aren't charging me for the new map when they get it. I am, however, prepared to do the SERT thing if that doesn't address the problem.

Any comments?

·
Wandering Child
632 Posts
With the mods you've done, the SERT or PCIII and a dyno tune makes sense to get the most out of that build.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jimmymac said:
With the mods you've done, the SERT or PCIII and a dyno tune makes sense to get the most out of that build.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'll tell you what, when I get past the part throttle stumble, she gains revs like no tomorrow. I can hardly wait to get this straightened out!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I'd go ahead and do the SERT, then you know it will be right or very close (depending on the tuner). The new download you are waiting for could also be lean a/c EPA requirements. If you decide to do more performance upgrades you'll be 1 step ahead.
Those new Dyna's are tough looking-enjoy.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
I agree with all postings.

BUT if they will flash your stock ECU for FREE, DO IT! If any EFI device fails and you need to detach it to make you bike function and limp home, even as lean as the HD map is, it beats the HE$$ out of a STOCK ECU.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
LAF said:
I agree with all postings.

BUT if they will flash your stock ECU for FREE, DO IT! If any EFI device fails and you need to detach it to make you bike function and limp home, even as lean as the HD map is, it beats the HE$$ out of a STOCK ECU.
agreed!! AS i have agrued many times!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts