V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to forum protocol and I'm an older geezer from the UK so I hope I don't screw up too bad.

Does anyone out there have info about the differences between US and HDI models.

e.g. I know that the US bikes have O2 sensors and HDI don't but have a solenoid operated intake flap.

US specs quote 115NM @ 3000 rpm while HDI are 106NM @ 4000.

What's going on? Have HDI models got different cams? is it because they have catalysts? are there differences in BHP?

Any info appreciated as I'm still months off delivery for mine so I'm reading specs and surfing until it arrives then I probably won't care.

Cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh well, it will have to remain a mystery for now.

Good news is that an unexpected delivery came through and I will get my Bob on Friday.

It might be cold here but that won't stop me now.:woohoo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Delivery time

How long did you have to wait from ordering to delivery? I ordered on Dec. 6th and still do not have a VIN number.........am awaiting delivery to Vienna Austria so will probably have the same wait times as the UK

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, that´ll be great, since I ordered mine on Oct 3rd, and got no idea of delivery date by the moment... (sniff):badmood:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the bike mid September and the build date was 2nd Jan 06 but I think that someone had an order in before me that didn't want the bike until the good weather is here. It must be his order I was swapped with.

I don't know what the weather is like in Rome and Madrid right now - probably better than the UK but I don't suppose it's the best time for biking and besides the longer you wait, the more likely your bike is to be bug free.

At least mine has been built with the gearbox mod done. We will just have to see how the inner primary bearing stands up. It is probably a 'storm in a teacup' and may turn out good. Lets hope so.

Still like to know about the differences in torque figures though.

I know some of you guys in the US aren't keen on the O2 sensors but it looks like you are winning with the power stakes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
WHHHAAATTT? 4 months delivery time? My st(d)ealer said that it would be 4 to 6 weeks - end of Jan maybe start of Feb. A wee bit cold here these days in Rome - unusual but it is winter - okies to drive in the city as the traffic is pretty bad - bout the same as in London but smaller areas congested.
Thanks for the headup on the del time - guess it will be a nail biter. Good thing that the northeast USA is sinking in snow at the moment - might improve delivery times

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The original build date may have been given before the false neutral problem had been solved so maybe production us up to speed now and your stealer is right. Lets hope so.

(I always thought that false neutrals and motorcycle gearboxes went hand in hand.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
It´ll be great to know whena and where in Europe are the Bobbers arriving, as in my dealer they say that no Bob or 35th Ann. Dyna have come out from tha States yet... just ´cos there´s a general HD StoreHouse for all Europe and if they´re available in UK, should be available for the rest of European Countries, as well...
Stay tuned for more (and early) Rock´n´Roll...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, yes. At my dealer there´s one Bob and one 35th at the showroom, no more no less... I mean, no bike for sale has come to Spain, at least yet.

hope you´re more lucky in Sweden :whatever:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Oilslick said:
I ordered the bike mid September and the build date was 2nd Jan 06 but I think that someone had an order in before me that didn't want the bike until the good weather is here. It must be his order I was swapped with.

I don't know what the weather is like in Rome and Madrid right now - probably better than the UK but I don't suppose it's the best time for biking and besides the longer you wait, the more likely your bike is to be bug free.

At least mine has been built with the gearbox mod done. We will just have to see how the inner primary bearing stands up. It is probably a 'storm in a teacup' and may turn out good. Lets hope so.

Still like to know about the differences in torque figures though.

I know some of you guys in the US aren't keen on the O2 sensors but it looks like you are winning with the power stakes.
I'm all for the O2 sensors. You can tune the bike much better with them. After you get your bikes at like 100 miles/160 kilometer change your oils and filter. I would suggest staying away from the Harley oils because they are all low bid products. Don't know if you can get Amsoil there but it is a very good product (one of the bests by tests here). If you need help getting it or needing to know what to use where, let me know. Don't know why you would have different torque figures other than the things you mentioned. We have some really good machinists here that can really get the power up on the stock bikes for around $3,000 and you still have great driveability and reliability.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
kabuki said:
Well, yes. At my dealer there´s one Bob and one 35th at the showroom, no more no less... I mean, no bike for sale has come to Spain, at least yet.

hope you´re more lucky in Sweden :whatever:
-----------------------------------------------------
Ah.... As usual the Spanish hospitality....

Just filled in your question. There has been Street Bobs for sale since late July. That means that there actually are are bikes out in the street.. Not sitting in the showroom...

/Dan B

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
First ride

I took delivery midday today and went straight out.

This bike is everything I wished for and a lot more. It's as close to perfect as I could imagine. It's spoilt only by the fact that in the UK we have to fit enormous license plates (9" x 7") in yellow and although many riders use smaller ones, it's just not worth the hassle of being stopped. Perhaps we only recruit shortsited policemen.

I'm sorry you guys are still waiting but I can honestly say that it will be well worth it. You may be pleasantly suprised with an earlier delivery as I was. I really hope so.

As for the torque figures, I am happy whatever it is.

By the way, there was no mention of signing anything about the inner primary bearing - I wonder if there has been a fix or did they forget, I know I did.

Thanks wkohn for breaking in advice. Appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dan B said:
-----------------------------------------------------
Ah.... As usual the Spanish hospitality....

Just filled in your question. There has been Street Bobs for sale since late July. That means that there actually are are bikes out in the street.. Not sitting in the showroom...

/Dan B
Never meant to offend you (I don´t see how I did in fact),
anyway thanks for the info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oilslick said:
I took delivery midday today and went straight out.

This bike is everything I wished for and a lot more. It's as close to perfect as I could imagine. It's spoilt only by the fact that in the UK we have to fit enormous license plates (9" x 7") in yellow and although many riders use smaller ones, it's just not worth the hassle of being stopped. Perhaps we only recruit shortsited policemen.

I'm sorry you guys are still waiting but I can honestly say that it will be well worth it. You may be pleasantly suprised with an earlier delivery as I was. I really hope so.

As for the torque figures, I am happy whatever it is.

By the way, there was no mention of signing anything about the inner primary bearing - I wonder if there has been a fix or did they forget, I know I did.

Thanks wkohn for breaking in advice. Appreciated.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Oilslick said:
I'm new to forum protocol and I'm an older geezer from the UK so I hope I don't screw up too bad.

Does anyone out there have info about the differences between US and HDI models.

e.g. I know that the US bikes have O2 sensors and HDI don't but have a solenoid operated intake flap.

US specs quote 115NM @ 3000 rpm while HDI are 106NM @ 4000.

What's going on? Have HDI models got different cams? is it because they have catalysts? are there differences in BHP?

Any info appreciated as I'm still months off delivery for mine so I'm reading specs and surfing until it arrives then I probably won't care.

Cheers

Hi Oilslick,

I wonder if the differences in performance specs reflect differences caused by compliance to environmental impact laws.

If I recall correctly, the EU has more stringent emissions standards than the US.

regards,

wyo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm Happy Whatever!

Wyodude

I just looked in the HDI Owners Manual and it states 115NM here but it's just the sales literature (Little Handbook of Living Large) that states 106NM so I dunno. MOCO seems very secretive about specs.

I'm happy either way, it's just the best bike I have ever owned by a very large margin. Nearly went for a Victory but dithered long enough for the new Dynas to appear. Nice as Victories are I am not that keen on Ness styling personally, I tend to go more for the Indian Larry(Sadly missed!) look - if you can do that with a production bike.

Good job everyone like different things though. It would be a dull life otherwise.

I think that if I was going to scratch build a bike it would probably look as near as dam it like the Street Bob.

The weather is still pretty dire here in the UK right now, Cold with wet greasy roads but I just can't stop riding it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oilslick said:
Wyodude

I just looked in the HDI Owners Manual and it states 115NM here but it's just the sales literature (Little Handbook of Living Large) that states 106NM so I dunno. MOCO seems very secretive about specs.

I'm happy either way, it's just the best bike I have ever owned by a very large margin. Nearly went for a Victory but dithered long enough for the new Dynas to appear. Nice as Victories are I am not that keen on Ness styling personally, I tend to go more for the Indian Larry(Sadly missed!) look - if you can do that with a production bike.

Good job everyone like different things though. It would be a dull life otherwise.

I think that if I was going to scratch build a bike it would probably look as near as dam it like the Street Bob.

The weather is still pretty dire here in the UK right now, Cold with wet greasy roads but I just can't stop riding it.
Congrats, man! enjoy the ride.:chopper:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Oilslick said:
Wyodude

How many miles do you have now?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts