V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Ive been looking around the forum for solutions to my problems without any luck so far, hopefully someone out there can help. This weekend i set out to swap my stock bars out to a nightrain dragbar with 6" risers. Before satrting the project i ordered stock nightrain cables and brakelines, figuring that my setup would be very close to the nightrain height/position, when i was finished. One thing i found is that the nightrain clutch cable is very short......it reaches, but just makes it. i had to adjust the clutch through the derby cover as described in the service manual to get the necessary slack in the cable required. Everthing is set to spec on the clutch cable but when i put it into gear and pull in the clutch it wont engauge, the bike stays in gear. So I just ordered a new clutch cable thats 3" over a stock nightrains length and im hoping that it cures this prob? Any ideas?
Secondly, i lifted the tank up to route the throttle and idle cables underneath it. When doing so the fuel line going from the tank to the T.B. popped off and had to be reconnected. When i tried to start i get nothing...no fuel pump priming...nothing. I also have no blinkers, so i thought it might be the TSM/bank angle sensor needing a reset. The manual said to cycle the key off/on/off to reset the bank angle sensor....NO LUCK AAARG. please let me know whats up if anyones run into this before.

PS. normally id be alot more irrated about something like this but the bike looks awesome as **** and i wont be taking her out for atleast 3 more months, so im not losing riding time at least....I hope to post some pics soon of my new look

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
You have something wrong in your wireing if nothing is comming on. You might have pinched a wire when you put your controls back on. I did this same thing with mine and I blew a fuse. You should get the fuel pump priming as its in the tank under the console. Nothing to do with being hooked up to the throttle body. When you pull the clutch cable is the bike able to be pushed without the engine turning over? when you adjust it you should see the clutch un compressing when you pull it in. Hope this helps...Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts