V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine decided to part ways from the bike this weekend.
Is there a flat on the actual push-button switch itself to keep it from turning while I screw the new condom on? I can fish it out, and use something to hold it until I get the rubber boot started, but if it's going to turn while I'm tightening, I'll just pull the @#$%&* fairing.

Thanks!

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Going too fast for all the parts to keep up were we?:thumbsup:
Can't help with the condom, mine is mech type. I just break speedo cables.:duh?:
;!pstwhore

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To tell the truth, this one has shed surprisingly few parts when you consider the adolescent manner in which it's ridden... :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fairing

Just pull the front fairing and be done with it. Quicker in long run and u can clean dog food out that squirrels hid under the fairing. Wasn't outside hardly at all but guess it doesn't take them long.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
:hystria:
motorcrane said:
Just pull the front fairing and be done with it. Quicker in long run and u can clean dog food out that squirrels hid under the fairing. Wasn't outside hardly at all but guess it doesn't take them long.
I don't think squirrels like dog food....but raccoons do......(one of the little sonamabiyatches wuz trying to access my leather saddlebags cuz I had left an open snickers bar in it. Scratched the sheeeeeeit out of it). Plus, raccoons seem to have bigger nads than squirrels. They don't give a rat's azz if you see them, they just continue what they were doing. They make a "lead" pellet you can give them and they stop messing with ya......

·
Registered
292 Posts
Had to replace mine last spring. I recall having to take the fairing off. Couldn't get the thing to stay put with a needle nose pliers alone.

As said, it was interesting to remove the mouse nest remains that I'd bet the previous owner left for me to find. I base that on the extra dried condition and the ingredients that didn't look like stuff I keep in the garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts