V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, heres the deal.

In order to get the OL to let me trade in the 04 Heritage with the built 95 incher on a 05 Ultra, I had to agree to not build the motor until I had a couple of other bills paid off.

Being the silver tongued devil that I am, I am sure that I can convince her that putting in gear drive cams is mearly fixing a sure to happen problem (tensioners), and not REALLY going into the motor, so here is the question.

What cams? I would like to put in something that will gete the most out of 88 inches and stock compression. Torque is nice, but I don't hesitate to take it up to bump the rev limiter. When the time comes to build the motor, the cams will likely end up changed. I have run a search and read everything, but it all becomes a blur after a while. I am thinkingt that the Andrews 26G's are the way to go, but also feel that the HQ 0034 may be OK. Any input is appreciated.

All input is appreciated
Teu

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SEDELUXE05 said:
hey i feel your pain but you know as well as i do that those cams are just not gonna do it for ya. come on admit it you know you can and you know as well as i do its going to piss the ol off when you start ordering all kinds of sh*t because she knows you will. why dont you prove her wrong and do the whole build together in the winter time after the bill is paid off. you know when you start pieceing together something that is not suppose to go together because it belongs with something else. ride the bike for a couple of months and do it all at once first off youll get what you want second it will be cheaper and youll only have to do it once.

The bills will take a coule of years to pay off, and besides, I'm feeling like just a little more OOMFPH will be enough with the Ultra, after all, its not really a sport bike, and I was starting to feel that I was going to get myself into trouble (tickets, wrecks) with the Heritage, so maybe tamer is better;)

Teu

·
Registered
90 Posts
Teufelhunden said:
OK, heres the deal.

In order to get the OL to let me trade in the 04 Heritage with the built 95 incher on a 05 Ultra, I had to agree to not build the motor until I had a couple of other bills paid off.

Being the silver tongued devil that I am, I am sure that I can convince her that putting in gear drive cams is mearly fixing a sure to happen problem (tensioners), and not REALLY going into the motor, so here is the question.

What cams? I would like to put in something that will gete the most out of 88 inches and stock compression. Torque is nice, but I don't hesitate to take it up to bump the rev limiter. When the time comes to build the motor, the cams will likely end up changed. I have run a search and read everything, but it all becomes a blur after a while. I am thinkingt that the Andrews 26G's are the way to go, but also feel that the HQ 0034 may be OK. Any input is appreciated.

All input is appreciated
Teu

Check HQ's homepage for some info re; power for a stock TC.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
You mention the 26G. Consider the 21G also. You will need adjustable pushrods unless you plan to open the rocker boxes.
But if you're opening the rocker boxes, might as well send the heads out for a quick cleanup. Since the heads are off, it's not that much more for 95"....Shall I continue??:clap: :clap: %[email protected]

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
both are good cams for low end torque. You should check to see what can also be done with the Andrews 21G. www.bishopsperformance.com Check the dyno proof pages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts