V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used Wood TW-6g's with mild headwork. SE breather and White Bros. E-pipes. The heads were shaved for a 9.8:1 compression and had a 5 angle valve job with minor exhaust and valve clean-up. The work was done at Baltimore HD. The bike runs like a top with very little cam noise and absolutely no pinging. I just had her tuned at Frederick HD in Maryland and was delighted with the results. Honestly the numbers were not my main concern. I was going for a great rideable scoot with excellent low end torque for my '05 Road Glide. I couldn't be happier! What do ya think?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
That's some nice numbers. Enjoy the ride man you got a great scoot there.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
I think you hit the mark with those numbers! It must be a blast to twist the throttle on that puppy now!

How do you like the exhaust you went with?

I am considering moving to a 2-1 exhaust, but am concerned that it will be too much sound for long rides.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was running V&H Dresser Duals with Python slip-ons and found the E-series on eBay complete with heatshield and end cap...NEW...for $125 and couldn't resist. I'm sure the #'s and shape of the curve are much improved with this exhaust. I like the sound but on a long ride it might get to be a bit much. Should wear ear plugs anyway, right?

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
RoadGlide05inMD said:
I was running V&H Dresser Duals with Python slip-ons and found the E-series on eBay complete with heatshield and end cap...NEW...for $125 and couldn't resist. I'm sure the #'s and shape of the curve are much improved with this exhaust. I like the sound but on a long ride it might get to be a bit much. Should wear ear plugs anyway, right?
Yep, I wear ear plugs on the really long rides as the wind noise gets to be too much, even with my full face helmet on.

Thanks for the feedback, I suspected they might be on the loud side.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
WOW! Them some nice numbers! Those Woods cams really get to the power don't they...
I notice only 5 dyno pulls, did they use the tuning link on it? looks like your base map was pretty darn close!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
adlerx said:
WOW! Them some nice numbers! Those Woods cams really get to the power don't they...
I notice only 5 dyno pulls, did they use the tuning link on it? looks like your base map was pretty darn close!
Yes, they used the tuning link. They also ran a # of partial runs to improve rideability. This build is an absolute thrill to ride and required some major adjustment in the use of my right hand. I have about 1000 miles on her since the build and can't imagine needing more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone is interested, this is what the build cost.

Gears and cams (cams off eBay) approx $500
Head work $200 ($70 for decking and $125 for 5 angle valve job and clean up)
Boring out jugs $150
Wiseco Pistons $275
E-series exhaust (ebay) $175 including shipping
Gaskets and misc. $125
Labor $500
Tuning $175

Total cost of build $2100

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
RoadGlide05inMD said:
I just had her tuned at Frederick HD in Maryland and was delighted with the results. Honestly the numbers were not my main concern. I was going for a great rideable scoot with excellent low end torque for my '05 Road Glide. I couldn't be happier! What do ya think?
Did Rob do your tune?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, Rob and Danny worked together to get it right. They even brought me into the cell on a couple of occasions. Rob is a neat guy, I had talked with him before so he dropped what he was doing to help Danny get it right. Danny was also pretty knowledgeable about the process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts