V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas. I have only a Python 2 into 1 pipe on my injested Deuce which has been on it for 6000 miles, no other mods. The bike just start this dying yhing yesterday, no check engine light. It has died under accellaration and idling at a red light. Took it to the dealer, fuel pressure is good and no codes, runs fine for them. They said that not having the stage 1 upgrade may be causing it to die. I say BS.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
DeucesWild2005 said:
Anyone have any ideas. I have only a Python 2 into 1 pipe on my injested Deuce which has been on it for 6000 miles, no other mods. The bike just start this dying yhing yesterday, no check engine light. It has died under accellaration and idling at a red light. Took it to the dealer, fuel pressure is good and no codes, runs fine for them. They said that not having the stage 1 upgrade may be causing it to die. I say BS.

BAD GROUND?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Does it start right back up after it dies? Do you have to do anything to it before it starts back up (fiddle with the ignition, let the bike cool, cuss and kick it???)? Does it act up before it dies? Maybe a little more info, please?? Hopefully somebody wil be able to point you in the right direction.

good luck

darrell

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
My 05 Dyna had a similar problem and like geoffreyt stated, mine ended up being a loose ground wire where it connected to the frame. An easy check to make.

·
Banned
202 Posts
They do make a point about not having a Stage I...

You have a free flowing exhaust - which allows more air to be pushed out.

Yet you do not have a free flowing air filter - which allows more air to be forced in.

Picture a funnel turned upside down, because that is exactly what is happening.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
FLSTFI-2005 said:
They do make a point about not having a Stage I...

You have a free flowing exhaust - which allows more air to be pushed out.

Yet you do not have a free flowing air filter - which allows more air to be forced in.

Picture a funnel turned upside down, because that is exactly what is happening.
What are you talking about here nightboy??????? surely even an expert like you would think that from DeucesWild2005 post as he has explained it that pipes or stage 1 etc. has nothing to do with it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DeucesWild2005.......it will either be electrical or fuel related........and as the other guys on here are stating sounds very much like a wire is intermittently grounding somewhere.

Fouled aircleaners would show signs way before they cause your engine to stop.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Banned
202 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
What are you talking about here nightboy??????? surely even an expert like you would think that from DeucesWild2005 post as he has explained it that pipes or stage 1 etc. has nothing to do with it.

DeucesWild2005.......it will either be electrical or fuel related........and as the other guys on here are stating sounds very much like a wire is intermittently grounding somewhere.

Fouled aircleaners would show signs way before they cause your engine to stop.

All the best, Ozzie
I never said that it was causing the problem, I said that the dealer made a point about the Stage I being needed and I also backed up my thoughts with a clear explanation.

Unless you have actual proof of me being someone or something else because I am not a paying member, please stop trying to ruin my posts with your utter disregard for me trying to make some useful information present.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
It's likely an electrical problem as mentioned.

Changing exhaust to a freer flowing setup on an injected bike usually makes them run leaner than they already are. Most people will get a remap or a PCIII, SERT, DFO, etc. to match things up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
V & H Longshots on my otherwise stock 02 Fatboy. Other then some popping on decel I have never had the bike die on me...fyi

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
FLSTFI-2005 said:
Unless you have actual proof of me being someone or something else because I am not a paying member, please stop trying to ruin my posts with your utter disregard for me trying to make some useful information present.
Knock it off, the both of you.

Pete

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
Oh sorry, I forgot to answer the question :D

It's either fuel starve or ignition. Fuel starve might come on and then clear itself if it were a 1 time piece of sh1t in the line, but it wouldn't come on, clear, come on again yada yada.

I would go hunt for a bad connection first, then if that looks good, go for an electronics problem, though those are pretty rare these days.

·
OldFart
139 Posts
Dies...

Have had two bikes in the shop with the same deal. Kill switch corroded on one and bank angle sensor on the other. Neither threw codes, both intermittant, both late model.

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
My nephew had a problem with his kill switch as well. Bike died on him on acceleration and deceleration, but not at cruising speeds. MoCo replaced and he hasn't used the thing since. No problems afterward.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
ELECTROSTATIC said:
Have had two bikes in the shop with the same deal. Kill switch corroded on one and bank angle sensor on the other. Neither threw codes, both intermittant, both late model.

How did the shop trouble shoot it? Any indication? Do they use an elecrtical tool and wait for the problem to reoccur?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts