V-Twin Forum banner

05 flht cruise stopped working

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Frozeneyeball 
#1 ·
I think I may have done something when I had bike on jack, bike is lowered and when I had bike on jack and let it down it was a really tight fit so I had to pull on jack pretty good to get it out from under bike and next day I notice my cruise light is red and won’t turn to green and engage. I wonder if if messed up a wire under it when pulled jack out from under

#4 ·
The cruise control will not function if the brake lights are on. A loose wire on the switch will turn the brake lights off so the cruise control should work under a loose/disconnected wire condition.
There is a procedure for my 2002 Road King cruise control that allows you to recover the last 8 reasons why the cruise control shut down. It should be posted in your Electrical Diagnostics manual as to how to pull them.
Here is what works on my RK. I do not know what model bike you have so it may or may not work for you.

Recovering the DTC’s

1. Cruise control On/off to Off
2. Push and hold “Set” button
3. Turn Ignition and run switch on. Don’t start engine
4. Release set
5. Count three sets of flashes this will be a three digit code code. Record it. On my RK the green light on the right control is what flashes.
Press "Set” and release
7. Go to 5 for a total of 8 times recording each reason the cruise control disengaged.

After the 8th code is displayed it will restart back to the first one displayed

The first one displayed is the most recent reason for disabling the cruise control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.