V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you suggest for jet sizes for a 05' 1200 with SE slip ons and a K&N filter (not SE filter kit)?
45 and 180 or should I drop down to a 175?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
1200 Beast

kjrise said:
What do you suggest for jet sizes for a 05' 1200 with SE slip ons and a K&N filter (not SE filter kit)?
45 and 180 or should I drop down to a 175?
I'm running an '04 1200R aith a set of SE IIs, an SE A/c with a REAL K&N filter and a DynoJet kit.

I run a # 46 pilot jet about 2 1/2 turns out, the DJ needle 3rd notch and a #185 main. I get 40 mpg and the bike pulls super-strong from off-idle to 6000 rpm. I played with this for a bit before I got it to run like I wanted. I started with a #44 pilot and a #170 main and just kept playing with it. It runs perfectly now for my rather agressive style of twisty-riding.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wizwill said:
I'm running an '04 1200R aith a set of SE IIs, an SE A/c with a REAL K&N filter and a DynoJet kit.

I run a # 46 pilot jet about 2 1/2 turns out, the DJ needle 3rd notch and a #185 main. I get 40 mpg and the bike pulls super-strong from off-idle to 6000 rpm. I played with this for a bit before I got it to run like I wanted. I started with a #44 pilot and a #170 main and just kept playing with it. It runs perfectly now for my rather agressive style of twisty-riding.
wowzers! just goes to show, each bike is different on the tune issue.
My bike with similer mods but no dynojet kit is jetted at 42 low and 180 main and n65 needle shimmed one.~!Awesome!

·
Registered
56 Posts
it must be the elevation i,m at sea level and still running stock from factory but any advise for me at this level ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts