V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I just put a Wyatt Gatling Springer on my 2004 Wide Glide and I thought I would find out what you guys think of it. We had to make a few modifications, but it turned out GREAT!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It rides GREAT. I think there is less vibration than the stock front end. I found some of the springer risers that have the bushings and they work great. Thanks for looking!

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
tubaman4 said:
It rides GREAT. I think there is less vibration than the stock front end. I found some of the springer risers that have the bushings and they work great. Thanks for looking!

Man, I gotta say that looks great. Good job. Was it very tough to do?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - Glad you like it! The stops were different on the springer. They hit right in front of the front tank mount. We ground down the frame and mount enough to get a good turning radius and then painted the ground spots to make them look good. Also, with the new front brake caliper on the inside of the fork it makes the tire a little off center but I understand that that is common with a front brake on a springer. When we put the new fender on, the offset was barely noticable. It took a bit of patience but I think it paid off! I now have a very unique ride that looks great!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
great work

WOW!
great work man!
this has been my dream for years...
I would like to fit a shorter "bobber" springer to my 2001 FXD.
since you already made this kind of "experiment", do you think it is possible (or wise)?
I don't really understand all these "angle" and "rake" notions, so I am a little cautious...

A+

Marc

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
looks great thanks for sharing the picture anymore shots ???

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
Are those the DNA forks?
I plan on using this one (DNA) on my 06 Street Bob. Hope I dont have to grind the frame..warranty gone. Did you use an internal fork stop on it by any chance? Heres mine waiting for the green light..

Thanks
-S

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THEStinger said:
Are those the DNA forks?
I plan on using this one (DNA) on my 06 Street Bob. Hope I dont have to grind the frame..warranty gone. Did you use an internal fork stop on it by any chance? Heres mine waiting for the green light..

Thanks
-S
Hey Stinger! I like the black! I didn't use an internal stop. I didn't know you could. I used a Wyatt Gatling Springer kit. The stops hit right in front of the tank on the front mount. Check your Street Bob - If your tank mounts from underneath you should be OK. Be careful of clearance of the top triple tree. Mine was VERY close to the dash! Let me know how it comes out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Make sure you let us know if it works out putting the springer on your Street Bob. I thought of trying to put one on mine...I think it would look great on the bike. I won't do it until the warranty is up if it involves any grinding though.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
tubaman4 said:
My brother and I just put a Wyatt Gatling Springer on my 2004 Wide Glide and I thought I would find out what you guys think of it. We had to make a few modifications, but it turned out GREAT!
Just frigging awesome! Love the look of the whole bike.

NICE RIDE!

Can you tell that I like it?

later,
KrustyTC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts