V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys check your drive belts looking from the rear of the bike and see if your belt rides EXACTLY in the center of the rear pully or rides to the left side of the rear drive pully?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
johneb48 said:
Can you guys check your drive belts looking from the rear of the bike and see if your belt rides EXACTLY in the center of the rear pully or rides to the left side of the rear drive pully?

On my 04 Heritage, it rides off center. 45000 on the clock and no problems.

Teu

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Just about every one I've looked at since rear belts were introduced run to the outside when going forward and move to the inside if you back the bike up.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Ed Y said:
Just about everyone I've looked at since rear belts were introduced run to the outside when going forward and move to the inside if you back the bike up.
Exactly what he said. Well "every one", instead of "everyone", because everyone refers to people, not things. Other than that... yep.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
ChopperDude said:
Exactly what he said. Well "every one", instead of "everyone", because everyone refers to people, not things. Other than that... yep.
Oh boy, you couldn't let this one get past the spell checker.......
I'll watch my spelling/choice of words/punctuation/ etc. from now on:roflback:

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
One of the HD training courses available must include a "spellchecker"? :)

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Ed Y said:
One of the HD training courses available must include a "spellchecker"? :)
Most do Ed but not everyone has every one. Or would that be, every one has everyone. Or would that be, every one HAVE every one. I'm confused, fuk it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Dudes...

You're way too uptight. I included that "correction" more as a tongue-in-cheek addition to my response, rather than trying to correct that guy for what he was saying.

However, I do notice he took the time to edit his post. hee hee

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
ChopperDude said:
Dudes...

You're way too uptight. I included that "correction" more as a tongue-in-cheek addition to my response, rather than trying to correct that guy for what he was saying.

However, I do notice he took the time to edit his post. hee hee

Tongue in cheek here too...... How about those hyphens? :harhar:

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I caught the tongue-in-cheek tone. Just did the editing to see if you were paying attention.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
ViennaHog said:
Tongue in cheek here too...... How about those hyphens? :harhar:

Go to google.com, and type in "tongue in cheek" without the hyphens. Believe you'll find that the dictionary type references DO call it "tongue-in-cheek". WITH the hyphens.

Nice try, but you'll have to do much better than that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Webster's (mine anyway) lists it as:

tongue-in-cheek as an adjective
tongue in cheek as an adverb

Bottom line is "WHO REALLY CARES" :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts