V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took this bike into the dealer as there was a clunking noise if I hit front brake hard or hit a bump in the road. Still under warrantee. They charged me $65.00 for an "adjustment" (adjustments not covered by warrantee) . Dealer retorqued head bolt but there is still a clunk--not as bad as it was--much better but still clunks when I brake hard several times with front brake. What is your recommendation when I return to the dealer with this problem?

Thanks group,

John

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I had the same problem with my heritage. It was when I went over larger bumps only I could hear it. it wound up being the front fork pinch bolts were sheered in two. eventualy the right fork slider came loose and dumped fork oil all over me and bike. I was close to home thank god I didn't get into a wreck. they are located behind the tin which is behind your headlight. mine you could put a wrench on to check if you went up under the tin from the front, it just spun. ah sorry I just noticed you have softtail standard, I think they're on the sides of your triple tree.

·
BlueSkiesandTailwinds
188 Posts
I had the same thing on my lowrider.

Check the front gastank mounts. My tank was loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts