V-Twin Forum banner

Trade car for bike? 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T vs. 2004 Heritage Softail classic

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I had an 05 Magnum with the 5.7 and when it got up to 90,000 I sold it. There was a rumor going around that after 100K they turned back into a Dodge.
It was a great car for a lot of years.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,747 Posts
Hey. This could be a clue. But, she doesn't say anything about a tic. Her p/u also sports a Hemi.
You can buy a lot of gas with whatever you spend on a (probably new and instantly depreciating) replacement car.
Hemi's aren't rare these days, its just that Dodge and what ever foreigners own them this month use the name to make bank off of old American iron that they never built.

Both of my cages are hemi's, but they ain't Dodge's. My PU is a 5.7 quad cam 32 valve pent roof hemi. The old lady drives a 1.5 liter twin cam 16 valve pent roof hemi. The PU averages 3000 miles a year @ 17-18 mpg, before the covid, the little one averaged 40K per @ 50 mpg. The 1.5 being in a Prius C.

When gas is this high, I set my pride aside and drive the Prius. Having to drive it might put a tear in my eye, but so does seeing $100 ring up on the pump.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I own a 2006 dodge Charger Daytona R/T and have someone offering to trade me an 04 heritage Softail classic one owner bike for my car.... I have no clue if this is a good trade... View attachment 271329
View attachment 271328
Keep the car. Cars are skyrocketing in price. Average cars with 150000 miles on them are asking $ 15,000. Start with $ 15,000 on your car and work your way down, or up. That Harley can be a money pit with maintenance and wear components inside the engine.

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
Having to drive it might put a tear in my eye, but so does seeing $100 ring up on the pump.
I always try to fill my truck at 1/2 tank. Takes some of the bite out of the gas purchase and I'm usually stopping somewhere by then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,747 Posts
I always try to fill my truck at 1/2 tank. Takes some of the bite out of the gas purchase and I'm usually stopping somewhere by then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Last couple of years, mine is lucky to get 3 fills a year. I didn't put 500 miles on it last year, and it has less than 300 so far this year. But that's mostly because of covid and this pending blow out I have in my chest. The only time I use it in the summer is when I need to haul something, and that's not often these days, or when its raining.

I just replaced the original rubber on it last week. Still had 6/32 on the tread. The damn sidewalls rotted out. I was a little shocked at what oem sized tires cost for a Tundra.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts