V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of pals of mine are having their inner fairings on their '04 Electra-Glides bleaching white from the sun on the high side while on the side stand. Just the throttle side. Anyone else have this problem and if so, how'd you cure it???? One guy has 80,000 miles on his, but both are garaged most of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
My '04 EG did the same thing. Plexus plastic cleaner, sold to clean goggle and windshields, worked well to mask the white.

Found a great deal on spun aluminum gauges and replaced my inner fairing and cap with painted parts.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
It's the same thing that happens to all the plastic garbage on those Chevy Avalanches and most cars using those type of plastics. Mothers Back to Black is a temporary improvement and it's better than Armorall. I had my fairing painted last year and love it. IMO, that's the way to go. No more ugly fairing.~!Awesome!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I've got a 1999 FLHT that now has 119,000+ miles on it. So it has been over the road a time or two. If I'm not riding at home, it's parked in the shop.

I have no fading at all on the inner fairing. I have always used ProtectAll on it when cleaning the bike up. Don't know if that, in fact, does protect it from fading but I can't complain.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Paint. Color to match.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ed Y said:
I've got a 1999 FLHT that now has 119,000+ miles on it. So it has been over the road a time or two. If I'm not riding at home, it's parked in the shop.

I have no fading at all on the inner fairing. I have always used ProtectAll on it when cleaning the bike up. Don't know if that, in fact, does protect it from fading but I can't complain.
My '03 shows no sign of doing it either. Must just be just '04's??? I told them to use some black Shine-O-La on it and then brush some clear fingernail polish on it for a sealer, just the the MoFoCo would do, if it were a warranty repair.:hystria:

·
Registered
54 Posts
You don't really have to paint your fairings if they are turning grey/white due to UV light. 303 Aerospace Protectant with return it to like new condition. Buy it at boat dealers and aircraft maintenace places.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts