V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new speedo/tach combo. The instructions say find the pink wire under headlight nacelle. I see a black wire and a pink/yellow strip. The connector is wrong on this wire. I don't see no stinkin pink wire.
Any suggestions?? helpful or not :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Georges, May not be to helpful here but how about calling the service dept. at H.D. S.L.C. They may have an idea?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The optional tach connector should be inside the headlight nacelle where you are looking. It is a one - place AMP type locking connector and it should be a solid pink wire to it. The wire will go to the cruise control module and the 12 pin ignition harness. The speedometer is also a 12 place mini connector and it does not have a pink wire out of it.

The two wires you mentioned - do they go to an open 2 place connector? Black and Pink/Yellow?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tsuter said:
The optional tach connector should be inside the headlight nacelle where you are looking. It is a one - place AMP type locking connector and it should be a solid pink wire to it. The wire will go to the cruise control module and the 12 pin ignition harness. The speedometer is also a 12 place mini connector and it does not have a pink wire out of it.

The two wires you mentioned - do they go to an open 2 place connector? Black and Pink/Yellow?
Stupid me, I was looking under Nacelle from the back, Cro, I called SLC, they told me to pull headlight and Poof there it was. its on main harness
short pigtail, just as Tsuter said..
Tsuter thanks, you were right on. Just wondering what are the black and
pink/yellow wires for?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't see a PK/Y on my 2002 FLHRC drawing and its too cold up here to go out to the garage.

Sounds like you got it solved though.

You do have have violet / yellow V/Y for your throttle roll off switch as part of the cruise control circuit. May be that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Shop manual I looked through isn't much help in the color code area for a specifc wire location.. Pretty vague

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Georges said:
I need to get a shop manual end of story:rolleyes:
Thanks Again...
Georges,

You might also want to spring for the Parts catalog, it has exploded diagrams of most of the major assemblies.

Also, there is an electrical diagnostics manual. If money is an issue, there are several HD dealers that give 20% off all HD items.

wyo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts