V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help guys..............

Do I dare get the pipes changed, air filter changed out and all at the time I pick up the bike in a week?

What is the "BEST" setup for after market exhaust with this bike? I am totally green and have no idea what to buy or what will work well with my bike?

Will my warranty be jacked up if I change this? i bought an extended 6 yr and might like to be able to use it if the need arises?

Do I have to have the EFI re-mapped? Do i use HD' s program or what would be the better alternative? I would like to add as much of this add-on crap to the financing so I don't have to fork out anther grand a month from dropping 20 grand on the damn bike!!

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
i would say ride the bike stock until you get some idea of what you really want.
If you want to add the stuff to the financing you are likely stuck with what the dealer wants to sell you. Nothing wrong with it if that's where it will end.
If you are like most you will want to modify things later and in this case you will end up paying for things three times. The stuff you buy and throw away later, the finance charges and paying for the final parts.

The intake kit you can always use, but it's only 100 bucks or so.

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Try a search using different combinations (RKC, exhaust, pipes, etc.) You will be amazed at the number of posts and will have several days of reading to catch up on. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just picked up my new 2003 FLHR and am going to leave the stock pipes on for awhile. Thinking about installing Thunderheader slip-ons in the spring :D :D

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Nice bike Jo.
Did just the Road King Classic only come with the spoke wheels and the big white walls?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't really know....this model is purely stock with the exception of a new seat....the white walls and spoked wheels would be an option on this

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The"Classic" comes with whitewalls, laced wheels, cruise control, EFI, one peice seat, and leather bags . Much (all?) of that is available as an extra on the regular king.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Thank you gbenner:)
I orderd a Classic but could not remember:eek: but then we looked at the Ultra and had a change of heart;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrats Jo - always ride safe with your new RK.

What seat is this ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
After Market Pipes on '03 RKC

I put the Samson Rolled Thunder ovals on my new 03 RKC.

They work and sound fantastic. At the time of the switch, I added a stage one K and N filter kit and reprogrammed. There is some pop, but not too bad.

I looked and researched several.... the Rolled Thunder ovals look the best under the leather bags!

Try them, you'll like them.

·
Banned
79 Posts
I was researching exhaust options with my local bike shop. This is what I learned: Once you start playing with aftermarket accessories other than screaming eagle, its up in the air whether a H.D. service Dept. will honor the warranty. So the best exhaust option is to buy a nice 2 into 1 exhaust, K&N air filter (make extra holes in the bottom of the air cover for increased air flow through the filter) and install a Power Commander. The reason that this is the best option on a new bike is that if there is a problem with your bike and you need to bring it back to the service dept. all you have to do is disconnect the P.C. and replace the stock exhaust. Harley will never know what you did. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply's guys..............

I went with the Samson Rolled Thunder, K&N Filter and a Harley Re-map of the EFI and it is friggin awesome!!

My neighbors hate the thing but the bike sounds great!!

www.geocities.com/tfenske66030

Loud enough to let them know their alive but not quite enough to wake the dead!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts