V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up my RKC next Jun (when I return to the states) and have been doing alot of research into what I want. I thinkl I have finally decided (with a lot of help form this forum) to go with White Bros E Series slip-ons, PC III Stage 1 ECM and Screamin Eagle air filter and Wild 1 Chubbys - 508 or 518 not sure which ones yet. I am looking for a deep throaty rumble from the pipes and some added pick-up off the line and at low speeds. I would aslo like some added "passing power" at 65-80 MPH. I am leaning toward having the parts delivered to the dealer where I will pick-up the bike and having them do all the mods prior to pick-up. I will only be in the area -Austin- for a week before having to leave for 3 months - I want to take the bike with me. They are an authorized PC Tuning center (IronHorse Motorcycles-Austin TX) but I know nothing about them personally- Hawgeye.com doesn't have anything on them.

Does it sound like I am going down the right track so far with what I want and this setup? Since I don't have any experience with this dealer, what should I look for or be cautious of?

Also, does anyone have the specs on the stock RKC bars (width, pullback, & rise) to compare the Wild 1's with?

Thanks for all the help I know I'm going to get, in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
targetman,

I have a brand new set of Wild One chubby's that I purchased for my RKC, then traded the bike before I ever installed them. Being 5'8", I really needed the extra pullback. I did install bars from a dyna wide glide that were fairly comfortable, but did not support the classic lines of the bike.

I paid $150 new, will sell them for $75...I'm right down the road from you in Grafenwoehr.

Oz

00 FXST Sinister Blue pearl
02 XL1200C Pearl White
03 FLHTCUI Gunmetal (Mar 03)

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Oz
thanks for the offer. Are they the 508s or 518s? I haven't decided which I'm going with yet but I'll keep it in mind.

Send me a PM with your DSN. They next time I'm down that way I'll give you a call.

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts