V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally negotiated for a Vivid Blk '03 RKC that should be here (TX) at the end of March. Ques. which are the first access you would have put on before taking delivery? He is 'giving me' 30% off all access ordered before delivery. 508's are already on the list.

Thanks!!:D

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
I got mine last September and had a similar deal on accessories. If your dealer insists on only HD stuff, get the SE Air Cleaner, whichever slip on mufflers you like, and the ECM reflash. If you ride 2 up you may want to get the detachable backrest. If you're into chrome there's a ton of it for the RKC. You're gonna love this bike.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Upgrades-

Got mine last month. As you can see to your left and below (I Hope). I would (and did) get the chrome forks (uppers & lowers) among other things . Really dresses up the bike nicely. It aint cheap to do; so I would suggest using the discount toward it.
If they are doing your bars, I would suggest that is the time to upgrade to the chrome control housings and master cylinder. I went with the buckshot levers too. Nice!
I also agree with the prior post re: cleaner, flash and pipes suggestion. I went with the HD perfromance pipes. Added a nice rumble w/o going over the top loud. Thats a personal preference thing though. Stock pipes must go though....Honda Davidson with 'em.

Congrats and good Luck with it! You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Better front end shot

Should show front uppers and lowers better....

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Hey Texex91,

Nice choice... a bike just like mine (which just came in last month). Anyway I was in same position as you wondering where to start. I finally decided to list all options I would be interested in then rated them as difficultly to install and those which I wanted (needed) right out of the box.
I ended up deciding to have the dealer put a tach and oil cooler on. I installed a touring seat, docking station, passenger backrest and rack. I also got a few more chrome trinkets that I'm putting on now that I bought under my first time discount. I'm going to wait on the muffs and stg. 1 re-prog till I break the bike in. For all the other trim parts on my original list, I plan on owning this bike a long time such I'll just do them at my leisure.

:cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
688 Posts
30% off new stuff? Man go for all you can afford. I didn't get squat % off when I got my 03. Did end up ordering backrest and luggage rack and associated docking stuff from Crystal HD in Florida at 25% off and no sales tax for out of state purchase. Dawg, you are right on this one!

·
Registered
401 Posts
30% is a prettty good discount, 'course I doubt if it includes labor. Depending on how much you want to spend, I'd make the same recommendations as Dawg. Particularly the pipes, breather and reflash, you're going to end up wanting to do it anyway. The backrest is good too, I'd recommend the quick detach. You can install the backrest and hardware yourself, but it's a real PITA, but a good introduction to how many different tools you need & how far you need to dismantle to do any work on the bike. Although, mine was more complicated cause I was changing over from a cop seat.

You are going to love the bike though. I don't know that I could really be happy with anything other than a rubber mount now....that is if I could only have one bike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. No, the 30% does not include labor, but that is a given.

So many parts too little time (and money).

Thanks--I'll post picks when the baby comes in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with all the suggestions, and do them in the order that they are listed above from top to bottom. Air cleaner and pipes with reflash are a must do. Then, you gotta have the detachable backrest if you have a passenger. Next, do the forks in chrome. After that, just a matter of taste. You will love your bike. Rides like it has power steering.

shooter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.