V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be purchasing a new fatboy but need to lower the seat height an inch or so, the more the better (it sucks being short...lol). My mechanic told me by using a kit he could lower the front and rear, but I'd hate to put the frame any closer to the ground. He also said to check into different seats. Any suggestions on a good, comfortable seat that'd lower the bike? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
corbin dual touring saddle

I purchased the shock extenders to lower the rear end just because I wanted to not because I had too. The extenders lowered the bike about 1-3/4". The lowering made for a harder ride when hitting bumps. After I put the Corbin Touring saddle on the Fatboy, I raised the bike back up at least 1-1/2 cause the seat was definately lower than stock. By how much, I really couldn't say. Contact Mike at Corbin and he could most likely tell you tho~ Hope this helps~ Dan

·
Registered
40 Posts
seats -fatboy

i have to be totally honest with you the stock seat sucks.you'll definately have some pain in your legs and ass after a long ride.after getting the seat consider highway pegs for stretching out.you'll be glad you did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts