V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More than a month after the bike has arrived (and 1000 miles), the final parts have come together and the Bike is Finally Completed!

Here are three pictures of my motorcycle as I have finally completed adding the final chrome accessories, (to include a brand new chrome swing arm, read the thread on the gouge the original one received) the saddlebags and the windscreen. I have finally reached the look I originally was going for when this bike was ordered back in February.

And unlike the previous pictures that I had, these are good enough where you can actually make out the details on the bike :D

OK my fellow Beltway Bandits, let's get the Hog Forum team together and cruise! I've got my first 1000 miles, and I've got my saddle bags, lets Rock!:cool:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of the bike from the right side...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a picture of the bike from the riders position...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the final picture, the bike from the left side...

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And here is a list of some of the parts on the bike in response to the e-mail requests I have received...

I love my pipes, which are the Vance and Hines Bigshots Long. They sound great! I have the stage one kit and ECM reflash and have had zero problems (although only 1030 miles so far). Also installed the softail oil cooler with chrome cover.

Went with the Sundowner Seat, Chrome Headlamp nacelle and the 100th anniversary Gold key package where I added the windshield bag, tank cover, air cleaner, timer and derby covers.

I wanted a smaller windscreen than what comes with the 100th anniversary Gold key package so I ordered the Smoked Small windscreen. Added some passenger floorboards for the wife and a detachable back rest for when she is on the bike.

Include the saddle bags and some chrome pieces (to include the chrome swingarm), swing arm covers, etc. and you have what is in the posted pics.
:D

Thanks to everyone for all the nice e-mail messages!:cool:

·
Registered
515 Posts
But, But... how do ya like the speedo/ tach combo ?
You certainly have your boy looking sweet. I really like the chrome swing arm on him.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Looks good JF...what are those chrome things in front of the saddlebags...they off a road king? Check mine out for a different look. I tok the low profile tinted screen off for the pics. i have bags like yours too but have the bubbas quick-release system and only put them on when I need them. Glad your wait is over.

http://209.151.86.249/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5259

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
logical said:
Looks good JF...what are those chrome things in front of the saddlebags...they off a road king? Check mine out for a different look. I tok the low profile tinted screen off for the pics. i have bags like yours too but have the bubbas quick-release system and only put them on when I need them. Glad your wait is over.

http://209.151.86.249/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5259
Your bike is sweet as well!... Those chrome things in front of the saddle bag guards are passenger foot boards that I installed for my wife when she is crusing with me on the bike. Had to install the Vance and Hines exhaust to get rid of the foot pegs that the Fatboy originally has with it as stock!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
JFScheck said:

Your bike is sweet as well!... Those chrome things in front of the saddle bag guards are passenger foot boards that I installed for my wife when she is crusing with me on the bike. Had to install the Vance and Hines exhaust to get rid of the foot pegs that the Fatboy originally has with it as stock!

Actually I guess I was asking about the guards...but you answered my question....the floorboards I reconized. I didn't know they even made guards for the softails....my bags are usually off and I don't have the front engine guard so wouldn't suit my bike but yoiurs is the first I've seen them on a fat Boy....I like stuff like that that gives a unique look.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
.....and the chrome upper and lower front fork sliders, the chrome switch housings, the chrome handlebar lever clamps, the chrome inner primary, the chrome swingarm inserts, the chrome blah blah blah blah BLAH......

It never ever stops.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Great look JF, enjoy the ride, and watch the idiots on the beltway (undenialbly the biggest parking lot in the world!)

·
Registered
544 Posts
JF, looks great you have done a real nice job on your bike. Look forward to meeting you at one of the local outings. I just look for the crowd of people look at your bike to tell where you are.

Dave

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
otterbob said:
now you must get the chrome lower belt guard and chrome pulley cover, like these..........
Hey OtterBob...

Did I tell you how sweet your bike is? :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW, anyone notice how green my lawn is looking? :D

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i really like the gunmetal color! fatboys are definetly nice. how you like the pipes? not too loud until ya get on em huh? i need to get a new pic with my low profile passenger pillion, made a big difference in appearance.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really love the pipes! They sound great, both at that low end rumble and when cranked open!

I have a passenger (removeable) back rest that I only place on the bike when I have a passenger on back. I'm thinking of getting a low profile back rest to keep on the bike for the normal times, ala "sans-passenger"...

BTW, Got a cooked bug on my exhaust that I can't get off. Can the pipes handle chrome polish?

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i polish mine with never dull. seems to work good. i would soak the bug with a soapy sponge, that would get it off.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts