V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on a friends 03 dyna. Moving it to an 05 frame, long story.
I have it stripped down and I’m trying to remove the main wire harness out of the frame.Do I need to de pin all of the plugs up front coming out of the neck before the harness will pull through?

Also new frame is an 05 and it looks like the left side electrical box area on the frame is different? Where the computer stuff mounts.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind on the harness I figured it out. There was a rubber filler in there inside the frame preventing the wires from pulling. I was able to pull through once that was removed.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still don’t know about the frame change? This is the same section side by side. The 03 has the box assembly to hold electrical. The 05 doesn’t. I’m assuming they went to a bolt in box instead of welded in like the 03?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
There was a change in the dyna line for 04&05 , not exactly sure what all it changed just remember they changed it and usually only parts for those 2 years will work

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Went to the dealer and pulled up the diagrams. 03 is a welded in plate for the ecm and fuses to mount to. On 04 and up they have the “electrical tray” which is a black plastic box that houses everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts