V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shiny Gunmetal Pearl '03 will be here in Dec. I want some serious rippin ass pipes that also look great. I've been on the V & H site but it's hard to get a real sound effect from the sound bits. I like the 2 - 1 pro but I am left to wonder what is all out there in this great big world. V & H DOES have an awsome rep. for performance and is loved in the HOG world. Does anyone have this setup? Do you like the sound,look? Do you really get that perf. increase. Open to any and all suggestion. Thanks

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
looking at pipes too!!

I too will be getting my 03 heritage softail Classic in about 30 days and have the same question, I've looked at the V&H 's also, because of their reputation, I like the Big shots, and also the short shots staggered, but other than that don't know much else, I know there is alot of stuff out there too, any body have these pipes on their bike, any opinions or recommendations??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Vance & Hines can't be beat as far as quality and customer satifaction. We run them on a '95 Dyna Low Rider and '98 1200 Custom and could not be happier.

Gail

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tazhog1,

I had the two into one V &H pipes on my FXD. They sounded great but with mid controls my boots kept marking up the area near the "y" joint. I had to clean it after every ride. Sometimes my boots would even beging to melt. So I got the V&H Longshots and I love them. The pro pipe is good but I would suggest getting forward controls if you want that setup.

Safe Riding.
Bobby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts