V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get 1550 stage II WITH D and D full system pipes installed by dealer. Should I go carb or EFI and is warranty valid with mods if done by dealer. Bike is ordered and will pick up around Christmas

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered an 03 Deuce as well coming Thanksgiving and I'm pondering the stage 1 kit. With pipes the cost is $800. I'm new to Harley and don't exactly know what I need this kit for. If I don't get the kit but just the pipes will it affect the sound? Any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Warrenty issue varry dealer to dealer (I know there not sposed to).
A good dealer will tell you if they will stand by there work. What dose it mean if you 1000 miles from home or the dealer and the bike brakes?
Some work is aloud under H-D warrenty when done by a dealer.

Carbs are better for do-it yourselfer that like to tinker. There easer to "hop up".
EFI can be wonderfull if you like high tech things and high tech headakes
Also efi 1550 stage 1 kits are easly put under warrenty

Sound is the most command reason people do pipes. My wife 1st comment about our new Dyna was " it ant loud enought". On EFI bikes harley says you can add/change to S/E pipes with no cal needed as long as no S/E A/C is installed and you leave the baffels in. Carb bike need rejeting if you just change the pipes.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Gotta pay the Harley Tax...

Stage 1 with ECM reflash or new jets for the carb, and some good 2into1 pipes (or what I have, the BigShots Long that have a nice built in cross-over).

Do it when you order the bike and everything is under warranty! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts