Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Police Edition

Votes: 1 0.5%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I realize this means nothing to some,a little to others and pretty important to others. I was just curious what everyone picked out or ordered on their new sled.

I've been reading about how some like a certain color, and others can't find what their looking for or which one is the least one made. We hear that this will be HD's biggest production year yet, so how many "here" got a new ride and what did you pick? With over five thousand members we'd have a sampling.

Could some one be kind enough to set this up? I see when I preview my post that it doesn't let you click and vote. I admit that using these computers is not one of my strong suits. Hell, I'm lucky I can type and not fall off the chair. I'm sure you can tell I'm as bored as some of you other guys. We're setting a near record for the number of days below freezing.

Gotta get out of this place!

Black/Silver

Black

Gunmetal

Red

White

Blue

Factory Custom

Fire or Police Edition

·
Registered
351 Posts
Another survey that has no real usage other then fullfilling needs of the people who want to compare.... Lets see, most auto dealerships send surveys, Harley sends a customer survey, there are phone surveys and for the most part I think we all try to be honest and provide answers to the the survey's......... and what do you get in return?! Usually nothing... Oh... I did get a two dollar bill in the mail once to participate in a survey. I bought 3 bikes "03"'s .... How do I answer the survey since they are all of different colors... Guess I can go with the Favorite.... Vivid Black..

·
Registered
903 Posts
Poll is now inaccurate. I voted "blue" just as I noticed "Police Edition" but it was too late and it won't let me re-vote.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Ordered GunMetal Pearl before we even knew what that actual color was going to be. LOVE IT!!! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wanted Black because it was the cheapest and was getting painted anyhow. Here she is , ready for the sheetmetal to come home.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hadta go Gunmetal, See it alot now but still like it everytime I step into my garage.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I wanted the blue, but my dealer told me that the blue, white & red's were going to be somewhat limited & that I'd probably have a hard time getting one. Since I didn't want to wait, I settled for black. Since then, I purchased replacement sheet metal & have had it painted a shade of blue that I liked.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was gonna wait until 04 to order a new RKC but I like the Gunmetal Pearl so much, I went ahead and ordered one. All the colors are nice and I would have been happy no matter what, but that Gunmetal kinda grew on me......can't wait til it gets here....

Tony:cool:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I picked the Gunmetal RK, tough choice between Black/Silver and the Blue. Both just happened to be available at the time. I just stood there for an hour looking back and forth. Funny experience. One Sat Morning I stopped at dealer to pick up my new Speedo/Tach combo, in my car. There was one blue RK
in parking lot, over the next 15 minutes 3 more drove in. Guys didn't know each other and clearly were not happy to see identical bikes.
The mgr and I watched through the window as they tried not to look at each other.... Then he grinned and asked me if I thought I made the right choice.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
I had to go with the Gunmetal ;) :D I don't ever plan on getting rid of the bike, so I chose blue :cool: Beauty is in the eyes of the blind ;) ;)

·
Registered
659 Posts
jd - if you got s/b cheaper than black, then you stole it from the dealer - sure you don't mean the other way around?
I went with the two tone because I looked at it and ... that's all there was to it - just a great colour combo

·
Registered
152 Posts
BigG said:
jd - if you got s/b cheaper than black, then you stole it from the dealer - sure you don't mean the other way around?
I went with the two tone because I looked at it and ... that's all there was to it - just a great colour combo
Stealer?Dealer wanted $12500 for Vivid Black, and 11540 for S/B, bought it then and there, I felt pretty good since everywhere else was a $2-3K premium!

Jim

·
Registered
255 Posts
I choose Black ofcourse. However, accoring to my junior high art teacher, black is a shade and white is a tint. Neither are really colors.

Don't you just love a smart a$$?

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
As I have always, Vivid Black.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hay... it's true... I got my GunMetal Sportster XLH12 for $8900.00 and couldn't get a basic Vivid Black 03 for anything less then 9500.00..... Go Figure..

My 03 Road King Classic with the Purple Slash Flame Set and hard bags was 19600.00... and for the price of the Leather Saddle bags of 700. I was given the original Vivid Black Paint set..... Have since sold the Radical Paint set and even purchased a GunMetal with hardbags paint set for the Road King....... So.. One Road King with 2 different looks whenever I want... and the best part is ... all the extra paint sets were paid for with the sale of the one..radical purple slash flame set! I call that a steal of a deal from the stealer... who at the time was over stocked with radical paint sets....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I picked White Pearl. Got lucky and timed it perfectly. I have only seen 2 other white '03s, a Fat Boy and an Ultra. I have not seen ANY red or blue '03s. I did not pick white because it was rare or hard to get, rather because I just love that color- shades of red, blue, green, purple come out of the paint in various lighting conditions.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts