S&S adjustable push rods
S&S Power Tune Dual pipes
S&S stainless SPO mufflers
Dyno tuned.
Dan Thayer Cam plate and oil pump

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I'd say pretty good numbers for that 88! Got to be like night and day riding it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Real nice for an 88 a better pipe would help that dip but other than that enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
He does mean a good 2:1 pipe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just spent $1200 on these. I like the dual pipes because of looks. Tuner told me if I had 9.7:1 compression the dip would disappear. and a 95 kit. my goal is 100hp 100ftlbs so maby next year ill go with the 95 kit and 9.7:1 compression

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Not necessarily saying that your total numbers will be increased with a 2:1. In fact, the total hp might be down by a couple with a 2:1. What the 2:1 pipe will do is raise that dip over between 2500 and 3000 which will make the bike much more rideable. And yeah, your peak torque might be up a couple lb/ft. But the torque curve will be flatter especially below 4000 or so which is where you ride the bike most of the time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
just spent $1200 on these. I like the dual pipes because of looks. Tuner told me if I had 9.7:1 compression the dip would disappear. and a 95 kit. my goal is 100hp 100ftlbs so maby next year ill go with the 95 kit and 9.7:1 compression
I can vouche for the 95" kit. I raced one (95" Dyna) 3 times in a row 1/4 mile with my Yamaha Roadliner. He got me all 3 times by a bike or two. I was cutting 110mph. My bike was fresh off the showroom floor at the time. His power claim was 110/120. Very nice fellow.

·
Registered
259 Posts
loved my SED (03) as much for the motor as any other thing, the 95 pops, 2-1 pipe and some cams and wow! That motor ran like crazy, no SE heads either.. Stage 1, 203 cams, stock heads, 95" kit installed at the York plant as factory. It is faster than a 96 by a fair amount! My FXSTDSE 95" is faster than my RG 103", with it's upgrades too!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
nice, looks like a good reliable ride!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I expect to put 25k miles or so a year and it needs to be reliable! There is alot more one can do, but at some point that reliability begins to degrade and then I'm riding a softail or cage... I'm not really wanting for power and right now with the work done it is fast, cool running, and sounding good. I don't want to let anyone even tune on it, it is running sooo good that I don't want to let them do the service work now due... ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
had some pinging so its back at the tuners we will see what we get after that. Has a little to much timing advance at light throttle. Full throttle pulls great so shouldn't loose much if any power. I had back surgery 3 weeks ago so i told him he can have it for 4 weeks so he can redo it when he can.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I opened the thread twice today. Saw it was an "old" thread and so didn't really scroll down. Now that I've seen the significant update I'll say, very nice. That ought to get you down the road. Good running 95".

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
IMHO, the 95" 37 combo with a little headwork, the right pipe and a tune is just one great combo. Good results everytime. Congrats on a nice outcome, bet it seems like a totally different bike!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts