V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my Road King Classic. Looking to change out the stock exhaust. My dealer service tech recommend Kerker slip-ons and a stage one kit. I've tried contacting Kerker because I would like to know the O.D. at the end of the muffler. I'm not too thrilled with their end cap chooses. I've tried 3 times with no luck? Does anyone run these? Could you take a measurement?

Also, I'm open to other recommendations! I'm looking for the deep throaty sound (not too loud). Ride with a group a lot and know what's it's like to be behind someone with loud pipes. My buds recommend V&H but they seem the highest on the price side. Any other mufflers that give the same results but less $$$.

How are the tuneable exhaust systems? Do people actually mess with them once their set?

Thanks,
CB

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
SAMSON slip ons

If you just want something NICE and clean, I would recommend the SAMSON slip ons for your RK. I had them for several months and decided that I wanted the drag look/sound and switched over to V/H longshots.

I sold my old pipes to a friend that wanted what you were describing and he says it the best money he as ever spent.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Great looking bike! Thanks for the response. Sounds like the Samon's are what I'm looking for. BTW - what kind of handle bar do you have on your RK?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SE

Actually, that's what I bought, today. I'm having them put on this weekend. The service manager said their a good mix between stock and too loud. Plus the all in one isn't a bad price. I'll post an opinion after their put on.

CB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cody,

Is that the one piece units not requiring seperate tips?

In regards to your question on what type of handlebars on the other members bike....I recently install "Wild1 518 Chubbs" on my 02 RKC.
Really pleased with the quality and added comfort they provide.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Slip on mufflers

If you are looking for a great sounding set of slip on mufflers for a road king go to Miller Custom Parts on the Web. and E-mail George Sr. He will set you right up. The mufflers are called Wild Pig Pipes, I have them on my 2002 Ultra and some of my friends are running them. At $159.95 per set the price is right and I promise you will not be disappointed in the the way that they are made or the sound. Look into them.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Re: thanks

Cody Bush said:
Great looking bike! Thanks for the response. Sounds like the Samon's are what I'm looking for. BTW - what kind of handle bar do you have on your RK?

I just put on a set of Custom Chromes Bikini Beach Bars...Looks wild.

Need to update my picture...

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Tuning?

johno said:
Did you have any problems getting the drag pipes tuned?

I had the stage 1 installed and the pipes sound incredible as they are. I did remove the baffles for even free'r flow.

The pipes are 'ear piercing' loud at open throttle...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put Samson Slip-ons on my bike a few weeks ago. Very nice sound. I can even talk to my wife without screaming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2001 Road King Classic and put on a pair of Samson slip ons recommended by the dealer. They give a nice throaty sound that compliments a touring model and has had no adverse effect on the fuel injection of my scoot. Pricing is reasonable!
I also put on the stock Heritage Classic handlebars with a Sundowner seat. You do not need to change your cable length as it will fit! When you take off it sits low in the saddle and gives you a soft tail feel with a touring ride! Make sure that you take your time adjusting the perfect angle of your handlebars first so that it provides comfort for the long haul. Since i've had these basic ad ons, it not only sounds great but my back/ass do not get tired compared to the stock seat/bars!
Ride safe and keep your rubber side down! PAmale!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts