V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

this is Jeri from Jeri's Springer Front End.

I came here hoping to find someone who is willing to help out one of our soliders who is currently over in Afghanistan. He has an '02 Nighttrain that he wants to customize when he gets back 3 months from now. Unfortunately there is nobody back here who can get me the measurements I need to make a springer for his bike. So if anyone reading this has an '02 Night Train and would be willing to take some measurements, please get in touch with me.

TTYL
Jeri
*****LINK REMOVED*****

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great!

OK, attached are 2 diagrams.

The bike needs to be upright and at normal riding height (this may mean someone has to sit on the bike).

The first thing you do is measure the axle heights from both sides until the measurements taken from the left and right are equal (this makes sure the bike is sitting straight).

Then you measure the neck height at 4 places
1) the bottom at the back (the lowest point of the neck at the point closest to the frame)
2) the bottom at the front
3) the top at the back (closest to the frame)
4) the top at the front (the highest point of the neck)

It is difficult to take these measurements with a front end on the bike so it may be easier to take pictures showing the measure and neck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
I'll try to get you some pictures of those measurements tomorrow. Can you give me an email address so I can send the pics easier?

Also, if you don't mind, tell me what you're figuring with the measurements. I would love to have a springer front end some day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WEINERDOGBONE said:
I'll try to get you some pictures of those measurements tomorrow. Can you give me an email address so I can send the pics easier?

Also, if you don't mind, tell me what you're figuring with the measurements. I would love to have a springer front end some day.
Thanks so much.

You can send me an email by clicking on my member name at the top of this message and yes I'll let you know how the measurements work out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
well,,,,,, seeins how I am one of the orange heathens(unable to see the attatchments without spendin cash,,,.. I CAN'T HELP A FELLOW GI!!! try an send me the info required an I'll get some # for the requested info... thank dave an the new owners for the total lock out ( sorry to piss off ya alll good guys who rejoined) later ,,,ride hard cb

·
Registered
322 Posts
ok I see yer point,,,, how dead accurite do these need to be??? are tire section/size a concern? can ya use the race cover as a base line on the top or do ya need the actual race in the head? I'll try an d find my metric tape if I still have one(why I had one I don't know) ride hard cb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clb said:
ok I see yer point,,,, how dead accurite do these need to be??? are tire section/size a concern? can ya use the race cover as a base line on the top or do ya need the actual race in the head? I'll try an d find my metric tape if I still have one(why I had one I don't know) ride hard cb
Tire size shouldn't be an issue as long as you have the original stock configuration (properly inflated!) and using the race cover will work OK.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Well, I have the measurement for the bottom/rear of the neck and the top/rear of the neck. Is it possible to figure the front measurements from that if you have the neck angle?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WEINERDOGBONE said:
Well, I have the measurement for the bottom/rear of the neck and the top/rear of the neck. Is it possible to figure the front measurements from that if you have the neck angle?
{salute( Thanks dude!!!

Yes I can get the front end length from those measurements. As far as I know the rake angle is 32 degrees (it should be in the owner's manual).

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
The two measurements are,

30 3/4 inches to the bottom rear of the neck
36 5/8 inches to the top rear of the neck.

I took the measurements with the bike resting on a jack. The front axle was level and measured the same, on center, from each side.

I'll check that neck angle when I get home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts