V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!
I just bought an '02 FXDL (Vivid Black). I lucked out and bought it off the showroom floor, no ordering or waiting. The weather here in N. Illinois has sucked since I got the bike home, so I haven't been able to put even 5 miles on it!
I installed a Short Rail sissy bar and backrest on it already (the old lady would kick my ass if I dumped her off the ass end), and am planning on putting on a windshield (detachable). Any suggestions for the windshield?
I was wondering how many others have Dyna Low Riders out there, and how you like them? Any complaints?

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
I've had mine since September. I love it. Put your hand on your wallet, it's going to get a lot thinner. Enjoy. I like your choice of colors. Here's a pic of mine.......

·
Registered
380 Posts
congrats on the DYNA

hey flash good job on the new bike as for the wind shield,harley makes good one and they fit. get a detachable one saves a lot of time cleaning.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dawg,
Good loking scoot! Tell me about your windshield - that seems to be about what I am looking for.
Also, my dad lives just north of you in Chattanooga. I'm thinking about maybe going to visit in April. He just picked up an 81 Sportster. Pretty cool for a man who is 66 yrs. old!:D

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
The Windshield is a Memphis Shades Del Ray. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the next size up which they call the Del Rio. The one I have is just a tad too short. The wind hits just at the top of my helmet which causes a little buffeting at higher speeds. I'm also not crazy about the mount. It is polished aluminum and not very polished at that. It is very sturdy and is detachable but it just a'int shiny enough for me. I covered it with some chrome tape but I'm going to try some heavier stainless steel tape later on. Here's a link to their site.
http://www.memphis-shades.com/memphis-shades/hd.html

I work in Chattanooga but live in Chickamauga. If you get down this way send me an e-mail. I know of a few good waterin' holes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
falsh...congats on the new dyna!!.........

dawg: that IS a nice windshield...I just picked up a 98 fxdl w/drag bars and have been looking "all over" for the right type of windshields...i saw the memphis site but must have gone past the del-rio. After seeing yours i'm gonna check the sits again....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After weighing my options, I went with a Windvest detachable windshield. It took 5 minutes to install, is adjustable (I got the 16" or tall model, which can be adjusted down to 14"), and detaches easily by removing 2 allen bolts. I also did not have to purchase any additional hardware. I paid $269.99 for it.
It looks great! I got in about 20 miles with it yesterday. I still need to make a small adjustment on the angle, but I am Very satisfied!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dawg,
I don't have the technology (yet) to post pictures.
Looking at the picture of your scoot again, I was wondering: on your fork brace, are those mini driving/fog lamps? If so, where did you get them? They look pretty cool.
By the way, I don't know when I'll make it down to Chattanooga, but I'll let you know & maybe we can hook up.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
The lights are Kurykan's. In the Technical Forum I've posted ad-nauseum about them. If you get to the Chatttanooga/North Georgia area give a holler. It really is a great place to ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I picked up my new 2002 dyna FXDL on May. Its been fun so I enclosed a pic of it. I put on a detachable windshield, short sissy with pad, and a luggage rack.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Alright.........Another Low Rider. It's worth the wait. If you get around North Georgia.....the beer is on me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Have a 99 lowrider, I lowered the rearend 1 1/2" & the front 2". I added forward controls from excel. I also have a solo and a one up seat by le pera for it. I have samson pipes - Ground pounders for the loud as hell sound all harleys have to have. I got rid of the buck horns and went with drag bars, just got the new paint job done it's still colbalt blue with flames just now the flames are done in that purple chrome ? (color changeing paint). this is an old pic, I'll download a new one soon. Yes I ride this ***** every where.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oops
I just installed Cycle Shack slip-ons ... What a difference... Getting the jet work and the air cleaner done tomorrow morning... If it runs half as good as it sounds...:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
loud pipes

I just installed a forcewinder air breather, that added a lot more power to the pony... had to rejet the main up to a 45. it added a lot more power then that hyperchager i had on it.

buy the way I have a nice hyperchager for sale... seen in pic above.
( right now it's on my dune buggy)...

loud pipes save lives.....:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts