V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'm nost sure about 140, but the new 2003 catalog has a kit (includes the tire) to place a 150 on the back of the softtails.

The 2003's all come with 150's now...

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear Tire

I saw the kit in the catalog, I was just wondering if you get a 140 under there without the $400 kit 10mm = $400 bucks I could live with 10mm less lolol
Thanks for the info I guess I was a year to late on the Fat tire lolol

·
Registered
163 Posts
My dealer (UK) installed a 150 on my 88b 2000 Fatboy, without using the Harley modded parts. It's OK......just.
The tyre seems to sit slightly closer to the drivebelt side.
It's very very close to the mudguard (Fender) edge and under full load/bottoming out of suspension very lightly scuffs one side of the tyre, although with no apparent ill effects.Iv'e had it on for a year now and have about 2000 miles on it.
Handling does not seem to be affected (what handling?) and the only reason to carry out such an installation is purely for cosmetic reasons.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tire size is not standard throughout the industry. A 150 from one manufacturer can be up to 1/2" wider than another manufacturer.
One of the clearance problems is the fender strut nuts n bolts (on the inside). One way is to turn the bolts around and use acorn nuts on the outside.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
luis sosa said:
HI I HAVE A 02 FATBOY AND I AM GOING TO INSTALL A 250 REAR TYRE AND IN THE FRONT 18" WHEEL ......

ANYONE HAS THESE TYRE SIZE?COMENTS ETC....

THANKS
As long as you completely remove both fenders and throw them in the garbage, I see no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts