V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking at buying an 02 rude american bourget with 1200 miles. real clean. 113 polished s&s. closed primary. oil tank, not frame. mostly polished aluminum not chrome. says he bought a 7 year transferable warranty!
question is has anyone heard bad things about this year bike. pro's or con's. could use some input. knowledge is power!

View attachment 27223

View attachment 27224

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sulconst2 said:
looking at buying an 02 rude american bourget with 1200 miles. real clean. 113 polished s&s. closed primary. oil tank, not frame. mostly polished aluminum not chrome. says he bought a 7 year transferable warranty!
question is has anyone heard bad things about this year bike. pro's or con's. could use some input. knowledge is power!
Not about 02's specifically but Bourget's in general. None of it good.

Caveat emptor.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wyodude said:
Not about 02's specifically but Bourget's in general. None of it good.

Caveat emptor.
need more info. looks real sweet. asking 23k. thinking 20k. its a hardtail but im thinking the price is right. i'm leaning. hopefully not in a wrong direction. knowledge is wealth, spread it! :whisper:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sulconst2 said:
need more info. looks real sweet. asking 23k. thinking 20k. its a hardtail but im thinking the price is right. i'm leaning. hopefully not in a wrong direction. knowledge is wealth, spread it! :whisper:
Unfortunately, I do not have any direct experience. I am only replying based on what I have read on this and other forums.

Because of the second hand nature of this "knowledge", I think it unwise on my part to comment further.

It could very well be a sweet ride and a good deal. Maybe you could find a knowledgeable indy in your area to examine the bike in detail and give you his professional opinion.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
oh....hardtail in new jersey....you sure.....aw just kidding......my advice is make sure thats really what you want....lots of choppers availible in that price range...just trying to help...

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my buds trying to talk me out of it. says i will hate the ride of the hardtail. got an 02 fatboy now. never rode a hardtail. dont usually do long runs. wildwood run in summer probably longest (100 miles). just too nice of a bike to pass up. figure i could modify the seat with a spring kit.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
much better choice imoi.....let us know how you like the ride............oh and congrats..Check out my profile for my old tx chopper

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bourget

Hey guys-

What gives with the Bourget bashing. I have a 2000 LowBlow. Sure it's had a few issues over the years but what semi-custom hasn't. My bike draws a crowd everywhere I take it and runs like a scalded ass dog!.

As far as a hard-tail, not my style and I'd advise against it. If you ask me Harley's are no more reliable than the Bourget.

Just a Happy Bourget and RoadGlide owner!

Mike:chopper:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Love the people that bring back six year old threads to life......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts