V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any experience out there pros/cons installing this modified throttle body?
I've got a 00 injected RK with SE air cleaner and pipes, also have added the PCII. Bike runs great but I'm looking for a little more power. It is my understanding that new heads will not make that much of a difference unless I change the throttle body.. thought I would do the throttle body first and then maybe Branch or Gerolamy heads.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I have NO experience with their product and have read they are a good product. That being said just like putting a huge carburator on a motor that does not need it will gain you nothing. The stock injectors and throttle body (do a search there has been some discusion here, try injectors for a keyword)do a good job up to about a 103 inch modified motor where the injectors become maxed out. I think cams and headwork would be the next direction after pipes and air cleaner, cam profiles and headwork is out of my league.

I have had bad luck with branch heads myself in the past. They weld aluminum in to the head chamber and then machine and polish the heads to their specs. Welded aluminum is not as strong as forged and billet aluminum. I sank two sets of valve seats in the branch heads I was using. This was a few years ago and I don't know about their twin cam heads, do some research and good luck.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Thealien said:
The stock injectors and throttle body (do a search there has been some discusion here, try injectors for a keyword)do a good job up to about a 103 inch modified motor where the injectors become maxed out.

Right.

Tsuter and HDWRENCH have discussed this in detail on a couple of threads. If you can't find the thread, post a new one addressed to either of these guys.

wyo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mike in MA
All twincams can benefit big time from headwork. If you are still at 88 CID, forget the throttle body. The stock one does fine. Your first money should be a big bore kit along with SE heads or similar product. When you get above 100 CID, the stock throttle body has some problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I read from the link, the new induction mudule will still retain the same injectors(stock). If you're running a 103, then it will need larger injectors.

'Shine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts