V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a source for a stretch tank for a 00-03 softail? Everything I see is for prior to 00.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you considered buying a used Deuce Tank. Not really an aftermaket cutom tank per say but different. It is longer than a fat bob tank. I would think it would go right on a softail frame, but not sure. You usually can find them on Ebay. Just a thought. Mike R.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, do you know what the capasity of a Duece tank is?

·
Registered
368 Posts
There's a stretched tank for the 00-02 softails in the 2002 JP Cycles catalog, but, Its a little different with a "Flip UP" dash. Although they say you can mount your stock dash on it. Also, I've been told that drag specialties has recently released a streched tank ,for the 00-02 models, as well. However, they are for the carb bikes only. If you come across one for the EFI models, let me know.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I have been waiting since 00 for tanks to come out and so far have not found any. I just ordered some 7 gallon stretch tanks. I am gonna weld them together and make my own mounting tabs. I will send pics when done.

·
Registered
368 Posts
fattire said:
I have been waiting since 00 for tanks to come out and so far have not found any. I just ordered some 7 gallon stretch tanks. I am gonna weld them together and make my own mounting tabs. I will send pics when done.
Hey Fattire,
That sounds like a great idea. That will make your already bad-ass bike look even better. I cant wait to see the pics when your done. Keep us posted with your progress. - Falcon:D

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Are you looking for bigger capacity tanks or just the stretched look? If the latter, there are plenty ot kits that allow you to weld extensions on a stock tank -- I did this on my last bike and it turned out trick. They definitely sell kits for the 00-03 tanks -- I think I got mine through Drag Specialties.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Just to add my 2 cents here: Be forewarned. The stretch tanks use up part of the frame the seat uses too!

·
Registered
368 Posts
FYI... I was down at Jim Nasi Customs in Scottsdale AZ last week and talked to them on this subject. They said they can fabricate a stretched and/or oversized tank for the 00-03 bikes. (either carb or F.I.) They can do just about any tank you want for around 3500.00 (Ouch)

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Falcon said:
FYI... I was down at Jim Nasi Customs in Scottsdale AZ last week and talked to them on this subject. They said they can fabricate a stretched and/or oversized tank for the 00-03 bikes. (either carb or F.I.) They can do just about any tank you want for around 3500.00 (Ouch)
I bet they can for that price! Double OUCH!!!:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts